Hedgehog the Sonic!

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Hedgehog the Sonic!

Post by MisterHentai »

So all that Sonic talk yesterday got me listening to some of the soundtracks again.

Probably my most favourite of all is Sonic R. Quite a bad and clunky game to be honest, but the best thing about it for me personally was it's soundtrack due to it's magical feel-good style. One of Richard Jacques best works too. He was a major Sega and Sonic series contributor with quite a recognisable and distinctive style. :thumbup:

Get ready for some good ol' fashioned mid-90's Vocal British Dance/Japanese Hybridness. :lol:

He even returned for Sonic Generations with a couple of tracks, though mostly just modern remixes of things he did before.

Like this classic Sonic 3D Blast tune. So cute and magical! :lol: :xD:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Hedgehog the Sonic!

Post by Arch-vile »

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but, some of those songs are kinda catchy. :lol: Most of my favorite tunes are from the 16-bit Sonic games. There were also quite a few good songs in Sonic Adventure. My Faves being Speed Highway and Emerald Coast.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah the 2nd part of Emerald Coast is my favourite. The Invincible Jingle too.

I just like the use of the synthesizers for the uplifting sounds mixed with the electric guitar.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Yay, a Sonic thread! \^o^/

My favorite songs have to be from Sonic 06.

His World, Dream of Absolution, Wave Ocean, Kingdom Valley, Crisis City, End of the World and many more FTW!

BTW, Hentai, did you know that if, apparently, you play Can You Feel the Sunshine or Living in the City in a locked bathroom with no lights on, the Tails Doll will pop-up? :ggl: :ggl:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

^ Never played Sonic '06. But after watching Game Grumps play through damn near the entire game, I actually considered picking it up (as long as it's under $10)

@Mr.H: Yeah, I like that song as well.

I forgot to mention Open Your Heart and the third song played in Windy Valley are good ones too.
Last edited by Arch-vile on Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah the last part and "rollercoaster" portion of Windy Valley.

I generally prefer the ones where it's more beachy, easy listening and melodic with the electric guitar.

Like Seaside Hill in Sonic Heroes/Generations as well.

I also quite like the E-101 Beta Boss theme since the artist is also known for doing music from Phantasy Star Online and series onwards. She does the Mines Stage too so all that robot sound style would be very familiar.

Last edited by MisterHentai on Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dank Buttsen

Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Sonic always had feel good music. Listening to these songs now always takes me back to my youth. :cry:

Sonic Generations had an awesome soundtrack. I would just sit and listen to the music. Great mix of classic and new tunes, and they even included Toxic Caves from Sonic Spinball. :D
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah like Starlight Zone of the first game, and then the Michael Jackson-esque of the later games. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I feel like doing a no boost/spindash challenge in Sonic Generations.

I can do it, but it's really hard to avoid hits. >.<
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Go for it Roxas!

Speaking of Sonic and MJ, http://info.sonicretro.org/Michael_Jack ... th_Sonic_3