FINAL FANTASY

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

FINAL FANTASY

Post by Bluej97 »

INFORMATION:
Final Fantasy (ÒâòÒéíÒéñÒâèÒâ½ÒâòÒéíÒâ│Òé┐Òé©Òâ╝, Fainaru Fantaj─½?) is a popular series of role-playing games produced by Square Enix (originally Square Co., Ltd.). It may be the most widely distributed game series of all time, including both standard console games and portable games, two massively multiplayer online role-playing games, games for mobile phones, two CGI films (one being original, the other being being a sequel to Final Fantasy VII), and two anime series.

The first installment of the series premiered in Japan in 1987, and Final Fantasy games have subsequently been localized for markets in North America, Europe and Australia, on several modern video game consoles, including the Nintendo Entertainment System, the MSX 2, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the Sony PlayStation, the PC, the WonderSwan Color, the Sony PlayStation 2, IBM PC compatible, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo DS, as well as several different models of mobile phones. It is Square Enix's most successful franchise, having sold over 100 million units worldwide as of June 7, 2011.

As of 2012, fourteen games have been released as part of the main (numbered) series, but in total the Final Fantasy series includes numerous spin-offs, sequels, and subseries. It currently ranks as the second-best selling RPG series ever, and the ninth-best selling video game series in the world.

RELEASED GAMES:
*clicking on the logos will redirect you to the wikipedia page or the official site*
Main Series:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
SEQUELS
(COMING SOON XD)
UNRELEASED GAMES:
FF XV ( Agni's Philosophy )
PC, PS4, 720
TBA 2013 - 2014

[/img]Image
FFXIV ( PS3, PC version 2.0 )
Early 2013

FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII
PS3
TBA 2013 (?)

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII
PS3, 360
TBA 2013

STILL WORKING ON THIS
Last edited by Bluej97 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Bluej97
Porter

Re: FINAL FANTASY

Post by Bluej97 »

NEWS: NOV 05, 2012

Square EnixÔÇÖs worldwide technology director, Julien Merceron, recently dropped a few hints on what upcoming news to expect from the company, in an interview with French website, Final Fantasy Dream.

FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII:
Regarding Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Merceron stated that, as Square Enix president, Yoichi Wada, mentioned earlier in the year, the ÔÇ£product is underwayÔÇØ and that the level of ambition is making Versus XIII a very complex project in its realization.

ÔÇ£However, Yoichi Wada is pushing this team and project as far as possible,ÔÇØ Merceron says, adding that fans will be happy to have waited once more information on the game is announced.
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII
On the subject of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Merceron says that in terms of the technology being used to develop the game, it shares a few things in common with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, although the game itself is meant to be rather different, although it will use certain elements of Final Fantasy XIIIÔÇÖs design and gameplay.

Merceron adds that development on Lightning Returns is at a rather advanced stage, and that Square Enix are using focus tests to identify the direction of the project, as it will be a unique episode in the Final Fantasy XIII world.
Agni's Philosophy not for current consoles
Finally, Merceron also mentions AgniÔÇÖs Philosophy, the Square Enix Final Fantasy tech demo that was shown off multiple times earlier this year.

Replying to a query regarding AgniÔÇÖs Philosophy, Merceron replied: ÔÇ£Well, around June next year, there will indeed be something different around AgniÔÇÖs Philosophy, which will perhaps be presented on platforms that are different from the ones being used so far. I canÔÇÖt tell you more, I can only say that itÔÇÖs not going to be only on PC.ÔÇØ

SOURCE:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/03/ag ... ys-square/

Credits to Megalith of TRF for posting this ! :)
Last edited by Bluej97 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
-RoXXXeh-
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Well you certainly are putting alot of work into this.

Ya missed Versus 13 and Lightning Returns. :lol:

And Agni's Philosophy is a real game now? Thought it was only just a tech demo.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

MisterHentai wrote:Well you certainly are putting alot of work into this.

yeah i read somewhere theyre gonna take that and turn it into another FF. tho not sure if its gonna be a numbered one.

i love all the FF games Sakaguchi has worked on.
Bluej97
Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

]
MisterHentai wrote:Well you certainly are putting alot of work into this.

Thanks ! and Lol thanks for reminding, gotta update that later XD
yeah, I read that it'll be the basis for FF15, I also read that it'll be for PC and next gen consoles :)
Vonman wrote: i love all the FF games Sakaguchi has worked on.
me too ! :D
-RoXXXeh-
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Nice OP! Cant wait to see some stuff for all the 3 games in the news post when they release gameplay (I know FF Versus XIII already has gameplay but we needz moar) :D
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I tried to get into the Final Fantasy games early on but for some reason the turn system just bored me (personal opinion, of course). I'm more of a Zelda-type game guy (where you roam around and actually perform attacks yourself). Anyway, I hope there's something in the works for you fans. :D
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

The Crystal Chronicles series for the Wii/DS systems might be to your liking then.

Versus XIII and Lighting Returns will have real-time combat.

Hell maybe even Kingdom Hearts since Versus XIII is based from that.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
.:Someone Else:.

Post by .:Someone Else:. »

^ oh yeah? that's neat !
Bye y'all, was fun while it lasted
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Hell yeah!

Nomura and his team better hurry up with Versus XIII, that way they can finally make a Kingdom Hearts 3 instead of all these teasing handheld games.

Lightning Returns sounds like what they will do with Versus XIII, but still have the XIII/XIII-2 style ATB system, so another hybrid type game, like a faster version of FFXII with more action and control.
Dank Buttsen