How to port aion online models?

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

danniellahill

How to port aion online models?

Post by danniellahill »

i was wondering if anyone knew a way to port Aion online models?

ive had a look at the game and the models thought they looked really nice (reminded me of Tera models actually) and wondered if anyone knew how to port these?

what im looking for is the tools i need to extract the models and textures basically and can i do it with just blender 2.49b after ive got the files?

im not too bothered if the models dont come with bones, since id most likely only be taking parts from it like i normally do with other games xD

any help would be greatly appreciated, since id really like to have a look into the models and know if there is something useable in it ^^
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: How to port aion online models?

Post by semory »

read from bottom of page to next page:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f ... f&start=45

looks like they changed to CryEngine

But that's funny, I think the older version of Aion you could use Mariusz's blender script, but that was deleted in the Great Purge of xentax. Also funny is that Machinima Studio thing... guy writes an extractor for 8 games, adds a simple GUI and decides to sell it for $30. Even chrrox was bagging on it here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9435 so whatever you do don't fall for that.
danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

ohhh it looks quite complicated O.O but ill have a look into it ^^

thanks for the help, hopefully i can get this to work, the models from the game look really nice :D
Runa

Post by Runa »

If you manage to extract some stuff, I will definitely pester you +_+
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
danniellahill

Post by danniellahill »

haha yeah not a problem ^^ im going to have a proper look at it soon once ive finished with a couple of other models and dont have anything planned xD