[XBox 360] Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Skyye13
Custom Rank: Failed Loser

Extracting models from Metal Gear Revengeance

Post by Skyye13 »

Hey guys,

I noticed that the Sticklove group on deviantart ported a bunch of MGR models a while back, and I wanted to contribute to that. I just bought the game a few days ago, and I've really liked some of the models, which were never ported. Problem is, I can't figure out the most effective way to port these models... could someone lay it out for me?

Maybe a short tutorial on how to get the models out of MGR and into 3ds Max, then I could attempt the rest on my own :)

One example of a model I want to port is Courtney, she looks so cool... there is no complete game model of her, since you only ever see her top half in-game, but I thought I'd release her for people to mesh-mod so she looks complete :)

Anyway, thanks for your help, and great job on the other MGR models for those of you who contributed :)
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: [XBox 360] Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Post by thePWA »

Last time anybody touched this game it took our porting god rexil and goddess sandy to successfully bring those models to life so good luck with this.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

And Runa! :pi: :P
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

TRDaz wrote:And Runa! :pi: :P
Dammit why do I keep forgetting the sexy Italian ones! :D
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

:okay:

:P

Yeah, it took me forever indeed. Mostly because of Raiden's wrong UVs. I still have to port the cinematic version, which also has wrong UVs once imported in blender .-.
Actually I wanted to wait for the PC version because, usually, PC meshes and textures have a way better quality... but from what I've heard nothing changed at all, so yeah...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

i fixed those UV problems in a later script, which i think roxy poxy also has a few models... so we may see mexican raiden and some of the doogie woogies, but yeah, THE TEXTURES ARE SHIT QUALITY on the console and unfortunately, people on facepunch have said the texture are shit quality on the PC too :D .

so runa, if you want to do that raiden with fixed UVs, the following is an updated smcimport script that loads the SMC files with correct UVs. i've just been to lazy to update the first post he he he.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Oh awesome!!
But one thing... I think I only have the model saved in .blend :\ could it be? I have to check.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

i think i still have the files somewhere... if you need them, i just need to know what folder they were in (so hard to find stuff in these games).
Runa

Post by Runa »

Yeah I just have the blend one. The model should be pl0100
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

k lemme check that one right now