PS4 archives

Discussion about ripping models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: Runa, Love2Raid, semory

Runa

PS4 archives

Post by Runa »

Okay, so... I perfectly know that PS4 files are not extractable yet... but I was wondering what is the reason behind it? Like, is it because this new generation console has just been released and some more time is needed, or is it a problem related to technical difficulties?

Because there are many awesome PS4 games that will be soon released. Apart from the HD version of Tomb Raider (I read they made a brand new face for Lara to make her look more HQ), this game is coming out now:

And me wants teh models D: *cries*
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: PS4 archives

Post by Dazzy »

inFamous models have never been able to be gotten so I doubt this will be any different lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yeah, it will be a while before we see anything PS4. it takes some really special people to go hacking consoles. these people are risking bricking their consoles every time as well. i wouldn't want to risk my $400 investment that's for sure :D .
Runa

Post by Runa »

OMG yeah I wouldn't either... especially considering that a PS3/4 costs a lot :?

And yeah, pity Infamous models never were possible, but who knows... maybe Second Son might be different *hopes* D:
Not that we will get them soon anyway since PS4 is not yet extractable.

Yet I'm surprised nobody tried to hack their PS4 yet, since there are so many people hungry of models mods for games.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

oh people are working on it. there's a website called http://www.ps4hax.net/ where you can keep up to date about what's being done and what's going on. and i can tell you this: it will be harder to extract models once it is possible. powerful GPU + powerful multicore CPU = cloth and physics are going to be more common = strange file formats.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

It took so long and seems to still be a pain for PS3 exclusive titles, so god knows how long it will be for PS4. :lol:

Now that XBO and PS4 are on equal footing, I wonder which will be hacked first. :P
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Runa

Post by Runa »

semory wrote:oh people are working on it. there's a website called http://www.ps4hax.net/ where you can keep up to date about what's being done and what's going on. and i can tell you this: it will be harder to extract models once it is possible. powerful GPU + powerful multicore CPU = cloth and physics are going to be more common = strange file formats.
:hole: