Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by semory »

oh cool, thanks!
SaintLouisX
Custom Rank: Aaaa

Post by SaintLouisX »

What sort of checks does this do to detect if a file is the PC version rather than console? Would really like more output to help me find the problem within files I'm trying to test. If it could be at least narrowed down to a single table or chunk it'd help.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

it does no checks. it assumes you are running it on specific source. most likely it will not work on PC dw games; it will throw an error. ps3 and xbox360 dw games use same format, pc is slightly different and is not supported because of extra work it requires and so few games.
SaintLouisX
Custom Rank: Aaaa

Post by SaintLouisX »

semory wrote:it does no checks. it assumes you are running it on specific source. most likely it will not work on PC dw games; it will throw an error. ps3 and xbox360 dw games use same format, pc is slightly different and is not supported because of extra work it requires and so few games.
It does do checks, it checked the version of the tables, and after changing those it gave me a "Only PS3 and Xbox versions are supported." It must have been able to detect that somehow. That was also ran on a file I had been reversing from little endian > big endian. I wanted to see what info was dumped and if any specific tables gave errors.

It's alright though, I finally got it sorted today and managed to successfully reverse the whole file. Can finally use it for PC, so no worries. :P

One thing that seems pretty odd though is that between PC and console, the vertex sizes and layouts are entirely different, and I'm really not sure why.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

oh cool, nice. happy modding.
zdsmdbh

Post by zdsmdbh »

Hello semory
Does Gas Machine support Sengoku Musou 4 DLC?
I already decrypt edat to dat ,and change extension to IDXOUT,but just can't get it

ADMIN EDIT: Removed link.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

crofty already asked me about it, but i dont have a lot of time atm to look at it. maybe in a couple weeks.
zdsmdbh

Post by zdsmdbh »

semory wrote:crofty already asked me about it, but i dont have a lot of time atm to look at it. maybe in a couple weeks.
I see,thanks!
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Support for SM4 DLC is now supported. Put DATs in a folder and say Yes to everything except for "Process BIN files?"
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

semory wrote:Support for SM4 DLC is now supported. Put DATs in a folder and say Yes to everything except for "Process BIN files?"
Thank you very much again!
You think you can look at these dw8 dlc things too? they dont work with the sw4 dlc fix ><