[XBox360] Dynasty Warriors 8 (Early Access)

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

SaintLouisX
Custom Rank: Aaaa

Re: [XBox360] Dynasty Warriors 8 (Early Access)

Post by SaintLouisX »

Yeah they are I think. When I wasn't reversing NUNO properly, the only things broken were parts of the model which interacted with physics. Like the headphone wires of Wang Yuanji's DLC model, or some characters' hair. They were just stuck in place, like this: http://i.imgur.com/qS971qN.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EiHAx3b.jpg (ignore the red circles)

After fixing it, they actually hang down and swing when I rotate the model: http://i.imgur.com/8CMEXWc.jpg

Also some other models' hair was stuck in place and clipping through their shoulders etc, which then was fixed with NUNO and the hair was interacting with the model and not clipping through.

So yeah, NUNO is definitely physics stuff.
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

Okay yeah seems like they are really needed for physics then. Tho i think that her skirt looks fine in both screenshots, did it already move normally when you hadn't reveresed the nunos properly? They seem to have two types of physic meshes in general, because those headphone wires are ripped properly with semory's tool while the skirt is what's missing.
SaintLouisX

Post by SaintLouisX »

Yeah, cloth is unaffected, cloth isn't part of NUNO. Xiahou Dun has a bunch of cloth, but his NUNO table is empty for instance, so it can't be in there. I think NUNV is cloth, and NUNO is the other stuff that needs physics.

EDIT: Was difficult to get the model to load and not crash the game while messing with NUNV, but managed it: http://i.imgur.com/v5HgngZ.jpg - That's just with NUNV messed with, and his cloth's all gone. Model took like 5 seconds to load as well, that was odd. After checking with fraps, I have 20 FPS in game while looking at that model, it really doesn't like bad cloth values. Here's how I'm reading NUNV if it helps (non-broken of course): http://pastebin.com/kDrhvDEN
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

nuno and nunv have similar formats. both contain cloth control vertices with connectivity information. once i finalize some vacation plans i'll post some stuff. here is my code, which works for almost all PS3/XBox360 G1M file from DW7 to Atelier Escha and Logy. the nuno and nunv code is in the processNUNO and processNUNV functions. follow the buildModel function to see how model extraction is done. code is pretty intense since it's almost 3,000 lines and 2 years worth of off-and-on work lol. everything is perfect except for the cloth ahahahahahaha.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

k, here's some files and pictures.

Nene Files from Sengoku Musou 4 PS3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz05c ... lm/7834.7z

images/ = texture folder
002.g1m = model file
002.mtl = OBJ material file
002.obj = OBJ model file
002.txt = debug output from my ripper (very useful, prints a lot of data out)
002_NUNV.obj = cloth control points and connectivity information that is stored in the NUNV section of 002.g1m

nuno1_cp.bin = copied and pasted the control point data from the first NUNV entry to this file (for testing)
nuno1_inf.bin = copied and pasted the connectivity information from the first NUNV entry to this file (for testing)
vbuffer1.bin = data from first vertex buffer of 002.g1m
vbuffer2.bin = data from second vertex buffer of 002.g1m
vbuffer3.bin = data from third vertex buffer of 002.g1m

Here is what you get when you load 002.obj with textures applied.
dw01.png
Now, the cloth meshes are transformed (-90 degrees about the Y-axis, then -90 degrees about the X-axis, and then translated up some, this data is not in the g1m file, it is somewhere else). So when transformed properly, you get something that looks like this. The wireframe meshes you see are from the NUNV section, and that garbage data in the middle of her waist are the cloth vertices (at offset 0x00 per vertex).
dw02.png
So there are one NUNV section in 002.g1m, and as per your syntax, has three table entries. The first table entry is for the front part of her skirt. The data from the vertex/index buffers + data from the NUNV section looks like this.
dw03.png
NOTE: STILL EDITING POST
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SaintLouisX

Post by SaintLouisX »

Can you post the whole original file, as it is in the game?
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

i did, i posted the complete g1m file for Nene, unless you also want the skeleton g1m too.
SaintLouisX

Post by SaintLouisX »

Well, it's missing the texture table and individual texture headers. I could copy one from another file, but I'm not sure it would work, especially if the data is a little different for these files. I'm not confident on the textures though either, how did you extract those? All the ones in DW games have mipmaps, all generated down to a 4*4 dimension, the ones you posted don't have any. I know both chrrox's script and Suzumiya's tools don't read the mipmap count.

I'll generate them myself I suppose, should be fine. Still not sure about that texture table though.

EDIT: Hmm yeah, doesn't work in DW8 unfortunately. Is the G1MS table supposed to be all 0xFFs?
Last edited by SaintLouisX on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

ok, done editing that one post with all the pics.

and yes, i don't bother with mipmaps, which aren't needed for XNALara. we aren't really a modding community, but a fanart one, so needing things to be as perfectly close to the original data is not necessary.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

oh i also didn't upload the g1t file because i deleted them during ripping process he he he. if you need it let me know. i delete these files because if you don't delete certain files after processing these games it seriously blows up your hard drive space ha ha ha ha ha ha. i also updated the mediafire link to include her skeleton file.