help with blender ?

Post your works in progress here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

ozzman
Custom Rank: Sleeping Dragon

help with blender ?

Post by ozzman »

so i'm trying to work with the Orochi X model and his weapon, i want to seperate the blade on the sickle and the rest of the shaft, i have seperated them but when i try to add reflective to it, it also adds reflective to the shaft, i selected the weapon mesh, hit TAB, selected one of the vertices is the blade portion, hit CTRL L , the hit P, and hit Seperate by Selection, not i can select and edit properties for one of the supposedly seperate meshes but it in turn also changes all of the properties for the part that was originally attached , any ideas ?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: help with blender ?

Post by Dazzy »

Need to remove the material from both and re-add it? They can't have the same material if you want them to look different.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Select one of the two meshes (not in edit mode) and press U and then 3 :) That will separate the mesh's material and allow you to edit them individually :XD:
ozzman
Custom Rank: Sleeping Dragon

Post by ozzman »

thanks guys ;D i'm such a noob XD but it worked and now i have a reflective blade but not the wooden parts XD