Game Music

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Re: Game Music

Post by riccochet »

I loved the part when Raiden lost his sword and went all Fist of the North Star on Armstrong
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Then gets his ass kicked again and more awesome "politics" by World Heavyweight Champion Armstrong. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Japanese Smooth McGroove

jrx

Post by jrx »

Red Bull Music Academy is currently releasing a web series on their website called "Diggin' In The Carts". If you like (older) game music, it is a must watch. Description from the site:
Diggin' In The Carts is a new series from Red Bull Music Academy about the untold story behind the most influential music to come out of Japan. Check back each Thursday, from September 4th to October 9th, for new episodes, mixes, and bonus interview footage.
Link: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/maga ... -the-carts
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Bye bye synthesized PS2 sounds, welcome better orchestrated ones :LOL: The difference is EXTREMELY noticeable :lol:

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

There are still times when synthesized orchestras are better because they always have that speed advantage and certain samples if they really want to go epic and bombastic. The Soulcalibur games being some of the best examples until SCV.

Any way, since Sony were so kind enough to release the PSOne Classic of the highly regarded Vib-Ribbon on U.S PSN, (Which also meant that finally this region officially gets the game in English after 15 years :lol: ) I've been on a little nostalgia trip, and testing out whatever audio CDs I still have laying around. :lol:

My favourite original track from the game since it has that classic uplifting :feel: :lol:

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Fun fact: I was about to post that song in the chatbox on Tuesday :LOL: It's probably my favourite one in Vib-Ribbon :XD:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

It's just so ANIMEDESU Japanese. The song wouldn't feel out of place in a DDR or beatmania game too since there's plenty of songs in that similar style as well.
Dank Buttsen

TheBlackPigeon
Custom Rank: City Park Superhero

Post by TheBlackPigeon »

Hentai already posted many of my suggestions here, so I'll go ahead and share some awesome music (IMO) from a more recent release: 2013's Killer Instinct.

Mick Gordon's work on the KI reboot is some of the finest fighting game music I've had the pleasure of listening to. Anyone who's ever pumped quarters into the originals probably remember Graeme Norgate & Robin Beanland's compositions. Mick has done a great job in keeping with the spirit of the original themes, with just the right amount of modern infusions to make them relevant in today's culture.
GamerGate is basically Reality TV for nerds.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Really not a huge fan of the current KI OST....apart from Maya's since that is so angelic and naturesque.

I've been listening alot to RE5's Versus and RE6's Mercenaries and Versus/Agent Hunt tunes since they just get your blood pumping for some videogaming hype.

The names, trancey tunes, also makes for great fapping. :ggl: :ggl: :ggl: :LOL:

This one has a style that just screams frantic Japanese SHUMP game.

.....Which reminds me of this since they are kind of similar with the use of synthesized electric guitar and keyboards.
Dank Buttsen