Looking for a Tutorial - How to Hide and Unhide an Object

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

daventry

Looking for a Tutorial - How to Hide and Unhide an Object

Post by daventry »

First i want to know How to Unhide a Hidden Object that is an Accessory on a Model.

I remember you have to put this in the txt _0.8_0_0 at the part that makes the Object hidden, but once i make a New XPS File, its Invisible again. Yet also when the object is Visible, its Purple with the Object.

Secondly, i want to put a Static or Poseable Object onto a Model and make it part of an Accessory and Hide it.
Runa

Re: Looking for a Tutorial - How to Hide and Unhide an Objec

Post by Runa »

In order to hide or unhide an accessory in XPS, check your file in notepad and look for the correct render group. If you want the object to be visible when the model is loaded, but optional, you have to put a + in front of your group name:

24_+glasses_1_0_0 (0.8 just reduces the shine, has nothing to do with a visible or invisible object)

If you want the accessory to be hidden, write a - instead of +

The same method applies if you want to apply a new object as optional accessory.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
daventry

Post by daventry »

It sort of worked, but the Object is constantly purple

Now lets say the object is on the hand of a Model and i only saved the Object with the root, yet now i see the Whip Model, but the Root is where the Model used to be. How do i bring the Object to the Root.
Runa

Post by Runa »

If the model is purple, there is something wrong with the textures, probably. Are you sure the render group is set correctly? Sometimes render groups require a certain number of maps that you don't have in your folder.

About the whip, did you place it in blender or XPS? In blender you can select the bone in Edit Mode and move it manually to place it where you want it, but in XPS I don't really know how this works. The tool has many issues when it comes to meshmods for some reason.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
daventry

Post by daventry »

This is the Whip im trying to get from the Model and make Visible.
http://deexie.deviantart.com/art/XNALar ... -297336748

I loaded the Model into XPS, then i Unused the Bones till the part of the Whip and the Root

I saved it as Generic_Item.mesh and open the txt, then i Searched for handgunhandright (where the whip is placed) in witch i did this +handgunhandright_1_0_0

I loaded the Model into Blender and Deleted the Model part except for the Whip, then i went to Edit Mode and Moved the Root Bone closer to the Whip Bones.

I exported the Model and open the Generic_Item.mesh in XPS then i saved it.

The Root and the Whip Model is all well and together, plus i Re-applied the Textures to the Whip.

Thank You for all the Help :D
Runa

Post by Runa »

You're welcome :) glad it's working now.