Sticklove Fountain of Knowledge

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Sticklove Fountain of Knowledge

Post by Love2Raid »

That looks great, good job on the tutorial as well. :D
The best way to learn and understand something, is when you try to explain it to someone else. :thumbup:

For the textures, you can try to find a suitable image on the internet, something you can use for a diffuse texture. A normal map can be created in for example Paint.NET, which is a free program, or CrazyBump (which isn't free). You use the diffuse map for that. Finally, for the spec map, you could make a black and white version of the diffuse texture and make it much darker (so that there's still a bit of shine but not too much). It's not perfect but better than a plain white image, which looks really bad.

If you want to add more polygons to the model, you can either go to Mesh -> Edges -> Subdivide, which will increase the polycount but it will still look the same (since it doesn't make it more smooth). Another option is to add Multires. Pick the Catmull-Clark option and make sure to Apply the multires afterwards. This will not only make it higher poly, it will also make it look higher poly. Hiddenus told me once that it's better to convert the triangles to quads (faces) before you add the multires and convert them back to triangles once you're done (the model won't export if it's made out of quads). He was very right. xD
daventry

Post by daventry »

Is it more difficult to Rig a Regular Model then a piece of String Model.

For example, i want to give a Car Model an opening door Bone and i tried where the whole thing stretched like taffy.

Is it easy to rig a Face, since many People say Rigging Faces is the Difficult part.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

daventry wrote:Is it more difficult to Rig a Regular Model then a piece of String Model.

For example, i want to give a Car Model an opening door Bone and i tried where the whole thing stretched like taffy.
Making a door posable is very easy. You only need one bone, one vertex group. Make sure the entire door is 'red', that will fix your problem. The bone should be right where the door attaches to the rest of the car. :)
daventry wrote: Is it easy to rig a Face, since many People say Rigging Faces is the Difficult part.
Not very easy, no. I think it would be better to move on to rigging faces once you are fully aware of what you're doing. ;)
daventry

Post by daventry »

Im looking for a Tutorial on How to Fix a Lip part stuck on a Mouth.

Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

daventry

Post by daventry »

Sadly Tutorials are gonna have to be Remade, especially from TRF, because of the Pictures being Blocked from Tinypic :(
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Oh right, that tinypic problem. :fdat:
I could make a new one, maybe at the end of the week or next week.
The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

Love2Raid wrote:Oh right, that tinypic problem. :fdat:
I could make a new one, maybe at the end of the week or next week.
Is there a link to the new tutorial? I'm having issues with the screenshots used in the tutorial on the page before (see only some blurred colors, that's all)... Or is rigging a human character model different?

And... Nice job there :)
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

IÔÇÖm so sorry but I lost all my files. :(

I havenÔÇÖt done anything with XNA for years.