So there's a weird thing.

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

So there's a weird thing.

Post by Ems »

Ever since I changed my graphics from old ATI to GF GTX 750 Ti, I can see lines on the models along the wireframes in XPS, it's driving me crazy. They disappear when I turn on BFC, but not all models use it, so I tend to disable it.

The lines also appear on rendered images, not so severely thou, and other than that, it doesn't do anything else than piss me off. I wonder if anyone else but me noticed something like this, or if I can do anything in the card's settings to undo this.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: So there's a weird thing.

Post by iheartibuki »

If you don't mind can you send me the model and the scene (lighting settings), please? I have a GTX 670 MX, curious to see what this will look like on my machine.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

Sent you a pm.

The issue is more visible on ripped models (as opposed to extracted ones), but it generally shows up on everything I load up, the difference is just the severity of it, some models are more affected, some less. The lines show up along the wireframes and "travel" around as you change the camera angle/FoW.

I dunno if it's the card's issue, the games work just fine, same for 3d editors, and their viewports. Drivers - well, I made sure to clean up the old ones, reinstalled the new ones a couple of times, there's no improvement, that's about all I could come up with to fix this.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Hmm weird, looks fine with mine... :?

Are you using a laptop with a hybrid card by any chance. Honestly this is what I would expect if your card was an ATI card. :LOL: Do you have the latest version of XPS? Not that it would matter but I'm curious if you'll get the same issues with a clean install. My suggestion is if you're changing versions, I suggest you install a clean fresh version then move your stuff over, don't overwrite in the old folders as that may cause problems. Also, if you happened to change certain settings in your card it would probably be good to set them back to default and reinstall the new drivers right after, see if that makes a difference. Other than that I am stumped myself. I was gonna suggest reporting it to Nvidia themselves but I dunno if telling them that we work with extracted/ripped assets would sit well with them. :?

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Ever since I changed my graphics from old ATI to GF GTX 750 Ti

GF GTX 750 Ti is a desktop card ..... :pi: :LOL:

Do a fresh install of the Nvidia drivers, completely removing any old ones (Or if you didn't properly remove the ATI ones too).

If that doesn't work, it could be certain settings in the Nvidia Control Panel itself i.e. certain AA options may tend to cause weird lines. May even make a custom profile dedicated to XPS just to be sure.

And yeah, the line problem usually is an issue for ATI/AMD cards. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

It's possible that something may have gotten corrupted with your XNA Framework installation too, esp if you say this doesn't happen anywhere else except XNA/XPS. I think there's a specific version ( I believe it's 3.0) that the program uses, so if you're using anything newer than that that can be a problem too.

And ya, I suppose I coulda looked up the card name :herp: but they coulda come up with a better naming scheme for desktop and mobile cards so they're more distinctive (not these stuff in the end like Ti or MX or any shit like that). :P

Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

As weird as it is, I did all that. Swiped the GPU drivers and reinstalled. Reinstalled the XNA framework, cleared XPS client, tried to repair DX, cleaned some other crap from the HDD at that and, ugh, nothing helped. I'm guessing a full system reinstall would be a final resolution (need to do that too ssshhhhoooommmheeeeddhhaaay and finally move my system to my SSD >._>. )

I'm really starting to think it's this particular card's issue, because if it was something global, some other user would already report similar issues. I will do some testing on SO's desktop, but I'm seriously curious, what the heck is this? I don't even know if this issue has a particular term so I can look it up. :x
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Yeah I wouldn't know how to describe it either, like maybe wireframe outlines showing on the model? Have you tried contacting XNAaraL to see if he has a solution? Make sure you don't make it appear like it's a bug with his program as he might take that the wrong way. :LOL:

EvlMnky

Post by EvlMnky »

HI, don't know if this as been solved yet or not but I'm running the latest xnalara on a Win8.1 machine which came with AMD graphics. About 2 months ago I switched to an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060SC which is a 6.8inch single fan card, and just in the last couple of I went to go use xnalara and noticed the same lines. I did encounter something though that may be of helpful info, I have a game called Trainz Simulator 2010 and in the options I can switch from using either DirectX or OpenGL some of the Doa5 female models that I have exported from xnalara and used in this game were showing the same lines as in xnalara using DirectX, so I switch to OpenGL and noticed that the lines were gone so it looks like the wireframe lines problem is not related to xnalara in any way, it looks like from my point of view to be a DirectX problem. In the next couple of days I will take another computer I have which as Win10 on it and hook the HD to my Win8.1 PC and see if the problem still occurs. I'm starting to think that the newer graphics cards may be incompatable with DirectX 11.

Hope this helps and if already solved, please link to the solution.

Ems
Porter

Post by Ems »

Hey EvlMnky, glad you dropped in.

You are definitely onto something. No, the issue wasn't resolved even with system reinstall, but you make me remember that about a month ago I was playing EVE Online trial and I did see the same lines in character creator after I switched to some other rendering in game's setting. But I don't remember which.

Image Image