Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Meganmi
Custom Rank: TTG Porter

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by Meganmi »

How do I open up the model with the bones? :?

Secondly, the tool seems to randomly close once I try to extract the .psarc files.
ellegirl01

Post by ellegirl01 »

Dazzy wrote:They can't be missing, you must have overlooked them. All models are there because i've looked through SW4 models previously.
Do you recall seeing Kotaro Fuma anywhere?

I'm just realizing that I see his model texture, and all of his claw weapon stuff, but not HIM.

I confused his with Hattori Hanzo's, but nope; Hanzo's got big pointy pauldrons and looks like a freaking Power Ranger. :lol:
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Not sure if you are extracting from 4 or 4-II, but Kotaro Fuma is folder 4413 in 4-II, it could be the same in 4 :)
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Meganmi wrote:How do I open up the model with the bones? :?
this is the part i warned you about lol. it will make you want to stop lol. when i released tool almost 2 years ago, only one person even tried it is that bad. finding the right bone set is guesswork.
ellegirl01

Post by ellegirl01 »

Dazzy wrote:Not sure if you are extracting from 4 or 4-II, but Kotaro Fuma is folder 4413 in 4-II, it could be the same in 4 :)
OHHHH!!! THANK YOU!

Alright, NOW I have officially found everyone -- in SW4-II, yes, sorry.

His (messed up) hair sort of looks like arrows or the spikes on Hideyoshi's old headdress, so I completely handwaved that mesh aside, thinking it was some custom NPC or something. :lol:

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

All of the characters are grouped together so there wouldn't be any random NPC in between the characters xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Meganmi

Post by Meganmi »

semory wrote:
Meganmi wrote:How do I open up the model with the bones? :?
this is the part i warned you about lol. it will make you want to stop lol. when i released tool almost 2 years ago, only one person even tried it is that bad. finding the right bone set is guesswork.
Oh well, better now than never :XD:

Aside from that, I can't find anyone's heads. Except for King and Ogre.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

there are base bodies with heads somewhere. the base bodies have a lot of overlapping parts due to customization system.
Meganmi

Post by Meganmi »

semory wrote:there are base bodies with heads somewhere. the base bodies have a lot of overlapping parts due to customization system.

Oh, so I did find the heads after all.

After that, how do I import the bones? Are they in a .smc as well?
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Yes, there should be files named 1029_BONES.smc or something like that around. However, this is the unfun part... because models and bones are separate, and bone files can even be in different data folders, finding the right bones is really difficult. You just have to load the bones into blender along with the model and ask yourself, "Is this it lol?" If not, try the next one. Nothing I can do about it either, all the information regarding what models are paired with what bones is done in-game. Two years ago when the game first came out, a bunch of us talked on Skype/Viber to discuss what parts were located at but I lost those conversations a long time ago, so unfortunately you'll have to do some re-exploring.

When you do find the bones, run the script again in blender and load the bone file. Then enable X-ray mode and check "vertex groups" in Blender. Then the model should move with the bones.