The Witcher 3

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: The Witcher 3

Post by XNAaraL »

dibe91 wrote:there are problems with the skeletons. I tried to see the model of Caranthir and one of the neck bone is out of place. plus the tuxture ship wild hunt has mapped incorrectly.
Both neck bones works fine with XPS 11.2
plus you can assigend the textures using the XPS 11.2 "Material Editor" ... but Looks fine for me.
dibe91

Post by dibe91 »

XNAaraL wrote:
dibe91 wrote:there are problems with the skeletons. I tried to see the model of Caranthir and one of the neck bone is out of place. plus the tuxture ship wild hunt has mapped incorrectly.
Both neck bones works fine with XPS 11.2
plus you can assigend the textures using the XPS 11.2 "Material Editor" ... but Looks fine for me.
could you pass the model? I want to see if the problem is mine or not. I have your own version and I can not import models using the script!
dibe91

Post by dibe91 »

I tried the laptop but it has the same problem. even with the version 1.12

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

dibe91 wrote:I tried the laptop but it has the same problem. even with the version 1.12

http://i67.tinypic.com/oixa3t.jpg
1.12 ??? I never release a app with this Version number. This is a Magic number :lol:
And the original TW3 model of wildhunt_caranthir have of course no bones named "head neck adj" :lol:

- Just run XPS 11.3
- Invoke for all 3 mesh parts "Commands-->Run Import script ..."
- Press Ctrl+M to merge every parts
That is all ;)
Time needed 12 seconds
No "head neck adj" ... only "head nech lower" and "head neck upper" :)
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Do I use the .bms unpacker or the RED tools to unpack the game files? I just got the game and am curious how to export the models with XPS.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
dibe91

Post by dibe91 »

XNAaraL wrote:
dibe91 wrote:I tried the laptop but it has the same problem. even with the version 1.12

http://i67.tinypic.com/oixa3t.jpg
1.12 ??? I never release a app with this Version number. This is a Magic number :lol:
And the original TW3 model of wildhunt_caranthir have of course no bones named "head neck adj" :lol:

- Just run XPS 11.3
- Invoke for all 3 mesh parts "Commands-->Run Import script ..."
- Press Ctrl+M to merge every parts
That is all ;)
Time needed 12 seconds
No "head neck adj" ... only "head nech lower" and "head neck upper" :)
I did what you told me, but it happens:
Anx

Post by Anx »

thePWA wrote:Do I use the .bms unpacker or the RED tools to unpack the game files? I just got the game and am curious how to export the models with XPS.
I use the RED tools with

Code: Select all

wcc_lite uncook -indir="C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content" -outdir=C:\Uncooked\  -uncookext=xbm -imgfmt=tga
and it works splendidly.
If you use something else than "C:\Uncooked\", then you have to change the file TW3.cfg according to the string behind "-outdir=". Otherwise, XPS create dummy textures :(
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Anx wrote:
thePWA wrote:Do I use the .bms unpacker or the RED tools to unpack the game files? I just got the game and am curious how to export the models with XPS.
I use the RED tools with

wcc_lite uncook -indir="C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content" -outdir=C:\Uncooked\  -uncookext=xbm -imgfmt=tga
and it works splendidly.
If you use something else than "C:\Uncooked\", then you have to change the file TW3.cfg according to the string behind "-outdir=". Otherwise, XPS create dummy textures :(
Thank you for the tip, I got the unpacker to work with your instructions and had unpacked all the files without any errors on the cmd console.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong though when I try to import .w2mesh files with XPS 11.3 I get this error

I set the TW3.cfg to the Uncooked location as you can see in the screenshot
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

thePWA wrote:
Anx wrote:
I use the RED tools with

and it works splendidly.
Thank you for the tip, I got the unpacker to work with your instructions and had unpacked all the files without any errors on the cmd console.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong though when I try to import .w2mesh files with XPS 11.3 I get this error

I set the TW3.cfg to the Uncooked location as you can see in the screenshot
This means, you have not uncooked every needed files.

Thake a look on you LOG file ... for example, if you try to convert guslar ... also the file called:

L:\Uncooked\characters\models\secondary_npc\guslar\model\a_01_ma__guslar.w2mesh
then the log file is
L:\Uncooked\characters\models\secondary_npc\guslar\model\a_01_ma__guslar.w2mesh.txt
scroll down to the last line ... and you find:
Message: File "L:\Uncooked\characters\models\secondary_npc\guslar\model\a2a_01_ma__guslar.w2mesh.1.buffer" not found

BTW:
the 3. needed file is (in this example)
L:\Uncooked\characters\models\secondary_npc\guslar\model\guslar_skeleton.w2rig

And because the .1.buffer file contains the Vertices informations ... your .mesh.ascii file, called
L:\Uncooked\characters\models\secondary_npc\guslar\model\a_01_ma__guslar.mesh.ascii
will have no vertex data ... and Looks like

1 # meshes

Textures
Last edited by XNAaraL on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

I must have done something wrong I can't find any .w2rig and .w2mesh.1.buffer from the uncooked folder. Is there a specific directory location I should be looking at?