Sudeki

Request tools to extract models and other assets from video games.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, semory

Screampunk
Custom Rank: Princess Rachel

Sudeki

Post by Screampunk »

Sudeki has long been my favourite western RPG since I was a kid, and I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could extract some of the character models for XNA / XPS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudeki

As nice as every character's armour would be (they change as the character upgrades in the story), I'd be happy with just their starting outfits.
The game was originally on the Xbox classic and then on PC, but I currently have it on Steam; I can provide any relevant files as & when they're needed.

Here is a list of the character models I'd specifically like:
>Ailish (starting armour)
>Alexine
>Ailish (final, fused with Alexine)
>Buki (starting armour)
>Nico
>Buki (final, fused with Nico)
>Yemi

But if you happen to have all the main character models, that would also be great :D

Not automatically necessary but it would be nice if they had:
>Facial bones
>Individual toe & finger bones

Thanks so much in advance if you're able to help~
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Sudeki

Post by Dazzy »

You could try Ninja Ripper on the game, to see if you can get the models. Then upload the ripped models for someone to rig. There is no extractor for the game.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Screampunk

Post by Screampunk »

Dazzy wrote:You could try Ninja Ripper on the game, to see if you can get the models. Then upload the ripped models for someone to rig. There is no extractor for the game.
Thanks for replying!

I had a go at using Ninja Ripper, however there seems to be a problem: Whenever I run either Sudeki.exe or SudekiLauncher.exe through it, I get "Couldn't start Steam" and then it simply closes.
I think this is related to the actual game, as this happens any time I try to launch it from a desktop shortcut. If I don't launch it directly through Steam, it doesn't work.
The same thing happens whether I use the "Intruder" or the three "Wrapper" options.

Could it perhaps be something I need to put in the "Arg" box?
sudekifolder.png
couldntstart.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Oh, since it's through Steam it needs to be opened in Steam. There was a way to get past this, but I'm not sure if it would work. Try and change the mode from "Intruder" to "D3D9 Wrapper" then copy the .dll named d3dx9_36 from the Ninja Ripper folder to the folder of Sudeki. Keep Ninja Ripper open, but load Sudeki through Steam as you usually would if you were going to play. Now whenever you want to try and rip, use the Rip button which is displayed in Ninja Ripper (F10 as I see from your screenshot) and if the game stops suddenly, then it most likely worked. If it doesn't, still check the _Ripper folder within the game folder, and see if there are any Frame folders with .rip and .dds files inside to see if they ripped. If this doesn't work, you can try using the "D3D11 Wrapper" option and copy the .dll named d3dx11_43 instead. Hope it works.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Screampunk

Post by Screampunk »

Dazzy wrote:Oh, since it's through Steam it needs to be opened in Steam. There was a way to get past this, but I'm not sure if it would work. Try and change the mode from "Intruder" to "D3D9 Wrapper" then copy the .dll named d3dx9_36 from the Ninja Ripper folder to the folder of Sudeki. Keep Ninja Ripper open, but load Sudeki through Steam as you usually would if you were going to play. Now whenever you want to try and rip, use the Rip button which is displayed in Ninja Ripper (F10 as I see from your screenshot) and if the game stops suddenly, then it most likely worked. If it doesn't, still check the _Ripper folder within the game folder, and see if there are any Frame folders with .rip and .dds files inside to see if they ripped. If this doesn't work, you can try using the "D3D11 Wrapper" option and copy the .dll named d3dx11_43 instead. Hope it works.
Ah see I think we're getting somewhere now.
I started the game through Steam, loaded my save file etc., put the DLLs in as you said and ran Ninja Ripper.
It seems to close and open the game window, and then produce a folder within Sudeki's directory that contains a .txt log file.
When I press F10 in-game, however, nothing happens. I've tried it with the Intruder and all three wrappers.

The only information I was able to find about files that might contain the 3D models is "fubi", "gex" and "baf" formats. There are some of these in the game folder.

Thanks for your help~
Logs.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

I don't think Ninja Ripper works with it, the logs don't seem to show that it caught onto the game unfortunately.
Xentax says that the models are contained within the .baf file. The main site admin here once tried to extract the models according to xentax, however he gave up due to it being hard to get the character models after getting the level geometry. I'm not sure if you could get them any other way...
I do have experience with hex2obj and getting things out manually but I'm not sure if I could do it with this. Plus that would mean there would be no textures (I can't extract textures manually unfortunately)
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

I actually tried getting models from this game once before. The archive was only about 600ish MB or so. It was a long time ago but I remember the archive format was pretty difficult. Models format was not hard, and I remember extracting some skeleton characters, but getting to the model data was difficult so I abandoned it. Man, this must have been like 3 or 4 years ago LMAO how time flies around here!
Screampunk

Post by Screampunk »

semory wrote:I actually tried getting models from this game once before. The archive was only about 600ish MB or so. It was a long time ago but I remember the archive format was pretty difficult. Models format was not hard, and I remember extracting some skeleton charaters, but getting to the model data was difficult so I abandoned it. Man, this must have been like 3 or 4 years ago LMAO how time flies around here!
That's too bad; looks like I'll never get my hands on them. :(
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Best bet would be to ask on xentax or zenhax for them to figure out how to write an unpacker for it, and then I do believe I have some model code for that game still lying around here somewhere.
Screampunk

Post by Screampunk »

semory wrote:Best bet would be to ask on xentax or zenhax for them to figure out how to write an unpacker for it, and then I do believe I have some model code for that game still lying around here somewhere.
I'll do that; thanks~!