Tekken 7

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Tekken 7

Post by iheartibuki »

ProtocolX27 wrote:My greivances with Tekken, notwithstanding, I think this does a better job of being faithful to a Street Fighter playstyle than Capcom did for Tekken characters in SFxT

Hopefully, TxSF will demonstrate more promise if this is the groundwork for it.
It's really not that slow, though I understand that coming from you because you've been playing DOA for a long time and going to a game like Tekken will feel slow. It just requires you to be more strategic with your inputs instead of mashing your way a bit into things more than usual, which is how I personally feel about a lot of DOA's strings. Now before you get worked up, I know that the strings are only true blocks for a couple of inputs or so before your opponent can "hold" you, but it can be mashy IMO.

Frankly if they just made the movement a lot easier than it is it wouldn't be such an issue for a lot of people. Being able to BDC and all can be a rewarding skill set to learn but I think it's fairly archaic and puts up that barrier for entry which is ironic since they want more people to get into the game. If they removed this feature that was accidentally discovered by Korean players you'll see hardcore players cry foul though. Then nobody wins. :) My guess is this is not gonna change even for TxSF so folks will either have to get used to it or not play the game altogether, which would be sad.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

:wat:

My issues with Tekken are mostly physics & art style, what prompted that? :lol:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

EVO 2015 Tekken 7 champ Nobi vs Akuma master Tokido.

Tokido himself does have some past Tekken experience too, so this will be really interesting to see the adaptation and contrast of styles.

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by MisterHentai »

So now that Tekken 7 has been out for a few days and it's all I been playing since, review time! :evillaugh:

Whilst I still enjoy the game, given it's the most I've been excited for a Tekken since T5/T5DR, it's definitely not as great as it was hyped up to be.

Sure, the fighting part at least for me, is a good middle ground between T5 and T6/TTT2, respectively between where it felt great till until it got too complicated for it's own liking. But looking at the overall package as a whole, it does fall really short compared to the previous games, and especially the high mark point that was T5, still considered the best of the series for everything it has.

The lack of extra and standardised modes, including the way they've changed some of them is incredibly dissapointing, and even after all this time there still isn't a decent tutorial/combo trial system, one of the series' long running weak points. Customisation mode options is also severly lacking and limited and annoyingly where T6/TTT2 still does it better. Let's not forget there is still the issue of slow load times, part which is amplified by the way Unreal Engine 4 works. (Not an issue exclusive to T7 just to note). :(

For all it's emphasis and marketing on the story mode leading up to release, it falls short in alot of areas as well. Sure, it does have some amazing and cool moments when it comes to cinematic presentation and some nostalgia thrown in. But the way it is told, from a monotone reporter's POV is the most boring, dull and JAHPAN exposition way to go about it. Whoever's idea it was for this an idiot. Not only that, but because it is focused on the Mishimas, the forced character picks are relatively limited and unfortunately, the whole theme of "this is the end of the saga" is both true and really not. The game's cover art is a good indicator of who it is really focused on, but at the end, it will still technically drag on. :pi:

For the way the game may be seen by it's marketing and even the fanbase as saying stuff like "Oh this is going to be better than SFV's story, lack of arcade etc" ..... it is and also really isn't. It's just as equally ridiculous in their own over-the-top way (SFV was campy fun nonsense, T7 is epic shounen nonsense), but also as poorly implemented itself. Individual arcade style character stories of old are long gone and in T7's case for the rest of the roster/non-main story mode characters, just one fight and then a small silly cutscene for them (It's actually worse than SFV in this part)! It's not even part of the standard arcade mode, and even that itself is short and abrupt. :okay: :facepalm:

Unless there is DLC to add/fix more story and features in the future, it really is a lacking product. With hints of there being Tekken Bowl in the future, due to PC version data file mining and with coincidence of the "New Mode" DLC Season Pass crap, at least there are potential opportunities for post release support. When 1/3 of the game's entire filespace properties is dedicated to the in-game/CGI cutscenes which instead could've been used to better other aspects, it speaks for itself. (Granted the game contains an entire legacy collection of all CG from all past games a well)

Again, still a good fighting game if you are a fan, but even a true fan should also admit some of the flaws and drawbacks as well. One might even say there is some Soulcalibur V quality similarities in this, which is just funny and sad. :lol: :pi:

For the Japanese developed side at least, truely is a shame that ArcSystem and SNK have many of these areas covered with great overall packages with the current Blazblue, Guilty Gear Xrd and KOFXIV games, yet they will always be overshadowed. :(
Last edited by MisterHentai on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Digital Foundry with a good look back at the tech history of Tekken. :oh:

And graphics and resolution comparison across all available platforms.

Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

EGGSEELANDT!
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Repurposing this thread for Tekken 7 screenshots of customs, or just anything interesting, funny, etc. Combos and matches would be great as well. :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My Alisa sporty custom, carried over from TTT2. I wish there was a way to remove the flower from her hair, kinda like how you can remove Josie's ribbon. Bring on the mods!

I haven't unlocked this costume yet, but judging by how thick the clothing meshes are and how they're "floating" above Kat's skin suggests there might be something underneath :ggl: or not! :LOL:

I hope they eventually give every girl a "No Summer Dress"! :LOL: :dats: :hlick:

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

May as well move my 3 recent posts from the other thread to here.

Forgot this one even existed.

:evillaugh:

:LOL:

Currently watching Max's stream at this time and him using the Katarina exploit after 2 days straight got her to over 1200 wins and almost every customisation item unlocked. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Done! :)

raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

MisterHentai wrote:Currently watching Max's stream at this time and him using the Katarina exploit after 2 days straight got her to over 1200 wins and almost every customisation item unlocked. :LOL:
After 2k wins you unlock everything for free anyway :LOL: Much useless fight money after that :lol:

Here, have all my customized outfits :pi: All the non-Katarina/non-Kazumi ones were made by my friends :LOL: Tons of Kazumi stuff since I unlocked pretty much everything for her, I'm spamming her high range attacks to farm Treasure Mode :evillaugh:

Burglar Chloe

Great Gozu

Summer Katarina

Thug Kazumi

Bellydancer Kazumi

Maiko Kazumi

Summer Kazumi

Hakama Kazumi

Vintage Kazumi

Biker Nina