Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

rizki29

Re: Blender General Questions

Post by rizki29 »

head problem help,, how to fix this neck problem with blender is there any way to fix it with blender ?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

lol that looks odd... not sure but think that's because blender mucks up normals when head is separate mesh. i thought there was a fix for that in XPS.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

The head is clipping into the neck, you need to move the head exactly to where the lower neck mesh ends. Then in XPS there is an option to remove seams between meshes. If the skin is different colour, the seam won't disappear though.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Post by Ems »

As said above, also, to parts like this fit perfectly it's good to merge the neck and the head meshes, merge closest verts at the gaps, then separate them again. And make sure neck and head textures are similar. If both head and body meshes here are DoA meshes, this should be quite easy.
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Post by Ems »

Quick question, how to align an object to the grid in 2.49b? I have few things ripped and some of them are thrown around the scene so far away I can't even see them. I need them all at the center so I can align them properly (they are pieces of one weapon model, but the parts that were physics dependant ended up in totally random positions).

Quicksearch for online tuts doesn't give satisfying results. I know how to move cursor around and snap stuff to it, but that doesn't work in object mode, and not as I expected in edit mode.

Ok, nevermind: snap selection to cursor in 2.74 in edit mode it worked as I think it should.
WuHT
Custom Rank: Soul Calibur Fan

Post by WuHT »

Is this a Blender issue ? There appears (in the red circles) some random discoloration of the surface of this mesh.

http://imgur.com/a/yKNLA

I am going from MDL to SMD to XPS
I am using Noesis 4.25 to export the MDL into SMD format and opening that in Blender 2.78. When previewing the jacket in Noesis there isn't this issue.
When importing the SMD over to Blender, I see the discoloration. Is this a transparency issue ?

If anyone wants to replicate this issue (or even bypass it) then here is the zip file for my progress http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjuu2x8gtxznxzx/Mitsu1.7z

One thing I've noticed is that the seperate SMD files need the texture files flipped vertically
---
I appreciate all help provided
WuHT

Post by WuHT »

apparantly I just needed to recalculate the normals

so there's that going for me
---
tonic
Custom Rank: elixir

Post by tonic »

hellom i am porting uncharted 2 models, but got stuck. can anyone please teach me how to import smd files into blender and connect the skeleton to the mesh?
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

tonic wrote:hellom i am porting uncharted 2 models, but got stuck. can anyone please teach me how to import smd files into blender and connect the skeleton to the mesh?
Download the Source Tools from here and follow the instructions to install them (only works on Blender 2.74 or later). As for the skeleton, open the skel.smd file with any text editor, copy its entire content and paste it in the .smd file you want to edit (using a text editor), replacing the first three lines of the file. Then import the .smd in Blender and you should have your rigged model
WuHT

Post by WuHT »

Regarding Backface Culling:

http://imgur.com/a/fJ1oI (his yellow scarf)
Can anyone explain to me why back face culling leads to such a strange effect of transparency. My experience with back face culling is that more like the bottom left of each picture (where the hip-cape is darker and like the underside) rather than having random triangular faces being missing.

I tried selecting the individual triangles and hitting flip normals / recalculate outside , but the result is it gives me a darkened "underside" of the scarf texture rather than the top

I also attach a mediafire link if anyone wants to play around. http://www.mediafire.com/file/93p7d29zd ... +2pCAS.rar

So i'm stuck at a point where this one particular model I need to disable back-face culling. Is there a way I can manually fix the triangle meshes on the scarf so I can enable back face culling, since in XPS if I want to pose multiple models (and all my other models require back face culling) there may be a conflict.
---