NiOh (Le Samurai Dank Souls!)

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

NiOh (Le Samurai Dank Souls!)

Post by MisterHentai »

In the dark, fantasy action RPG Nioh, players will traverse war-torn Japan as William, a blonde-haired swordsman whose background as a fierce warrior and seasoned knowledge of the blade allows him to survive in the demon-plagued land of the samurai. Players will face off against other samurai in epic sword battles and intense, multi-target engagements offering a level of difficulty that will truly test even the most hardened samuraiÔÇÖs skills, patience, and strategy. Nioh not only incorporates iconic elements from Japanese folklore such as samurai and supernatural creaturesÔÇöthe game also offers the exhilaration of an authentic samurai sword fight straight from Team Ninja. Nioh is guaranteed to challenge players in a way that makes every mission feel earned and their accomplishments worthwhile.
Dank Souls + Onimusha = Win! :lol:

So Team Ninja decided to release the closed door TGS2015 footage of their upcoming PS4 exclusive game just recently. Alot would've changed since then but it was still promising.

Given how long ago this game was first announced (Like ... 2004), it is still interesting that after all this time, they decided to go with a game that is in the style of From Software's Souls series.

Not that it's really a bad thing mind you since that gamestyle is becoming very popular lately because of it. Even then at it's core, it's really just a Legend of Zelda adventure RPG type game for mature audiences. :lol:
Last edited by MisterHentai on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: NiOh (Le Samurai Dank Souls!)

Post by Dazzy »

Oh no it's Dark Souls style... I need to try and get into that before this :LOL:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

THIS LOOKS AMAZING OMG :oh:

i wonder if u can choose a girl
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

With the timing of the alpha demo for this out right now, it couldn't have come at a better time, what with Hidetaka Miyazaki confirming that the Souls series is done for now (Apart from Dark Souls 3 DLC later).

So now it's up to other alternatives to carry on it's gameplay genre and this one ..... is the one! :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
king.neko212
Porter
Custom Rank: Why?

Post by king.neko212 »

anyone knows if u can choose a girl yet :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:no:
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

You can only play as Hemsworth of Rivia :LOL:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Random trivia, William Adam's birthtown is only a 20-30 minute drive away from where I live too. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

so i tried the demo and heres how it goes:

1. arrive on shores
2. pick up a sword
3. takes a few steps forward
4. ran into a hobo samurai
5. he stabbed me once
6. i died
7. begins again
8. ran into the same hobo samurai this time he bought a few others
9. hit me once with hammer
10. i died

wow.... this is... so much fun. thanks team ninja.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

GET GUD! :LOL:

Good luck even reaching the first boss. :P

But yeah, one thing that is very particular about this demo is, mind your surroundings more than you ever could. Enemies will aggro other nearby enemies and drag them into the fight.

The ghost NPC enemy mechanic of other dead online players is one of the most interesting features too.

Also, given the character and historical basis this is set it at (Sengoku to Edo Period transistion), I'm going to speculate the story of this game. You'll probably meet Tokugawa Ieyasu at some point, serve him (As it happened in real life), but the twist here is not everything is as it seems, and in the end, you fight him as the final boss. Like true Soulsborne story telling fashion. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen