Noesis to XNALara/XPS importer/exporter plugin

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Noesis to XNALara/XPS exporter plugin

Post by Dazzy »

XPS won't notice it because it's in .mesh.ascii format. To load it you have to go Modify > Load Generic Item and choose the mesh.ascii, for it to appear in the screen you looked at you need to export as .mesh.

For textures, well stuff like that doesn't happen on it's own. You need to import into either blender or 3ds max and learn how to apply textures, and learn the different render groups required for meshes depending on the textures. It's not an easy job as just exporting, loading into XPS and it's done (at least not always, some people do that alot for some games though), so you need to take time to learn how to do it.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
xMobilemux

Post by xMobilemux »

Is there a tutorial I can follow on how to do it? I used to be able to get some .obj models into XNAlara by simply exporting, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

It can all be done in notepad actually, you can use these tutorials for help:
http://www.xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=334#p10437 http://www.xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=47819#p47819
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

Dazzy wrote:It can all be done in notepad actually, you can use these tutorials for help:
http://www.xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=334#p10437 http://www.xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=47819#p47819
It can all be done in XPS actually, you can use "Modify-->Material Editor" (Ctrl+T) : http://xnaaral.deviantart.com/art/NoMor ... -561644613

xMobilemux

Post by xMobilemux »

The XNAlara Material thing does not work cause the texture does not map correctly to the model since I have to load it in via "Load Generic Item" and I would have an easier time understanding Russian than the notepad tutorials.

Thanks for the effort in trying to help but unfortunately I'll never get the models I want unless someone who knows how ports them in, which will be never :(

EDIT: Scratch that! After some playing around I finally got it to work and I've managed to get the models I want into XNAlara.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Escope12
Custom Rank: Ultimate Brawl Modder

Post by Escope12 »

I was able to convert my models with this. Thank you for this Script.
sspd077

Post by sspd077 »

i have question, i update noesis in its tools and now when i try to export models as ascii file it load in xps/xnalara in render group 40_ but bones or armatures are mess anyone tell me how to fix this ?
Anx

Post by Anx »

sspd077 wrote:i have question, i update noesis in its tools and now when i try to export models as ascii file it load in xps/xnalara in render group 40_ but bones or armatures are mess anyone tell me how to fix this ?
You're using Noesis to redistribute models from a copyrighted game? :ohn: Indeed? Without having the permission of the REAL OWNER?
And you publicly that you do it? :o

Really and truly, I see it "Ripping a copyrighted model using Noesis and making it as your OWN model" :shock:
Really and truly, I see you encourage your students to do the same. :(

Noesis is developed by Se├▒or Casaroja/MrAdults/Rich, and the author of Noesis have one rule:
Se├▒or Casaroja is happy to provide you with the amazing Noesis!

However, Se├▒or Casaroja would like to now remind you that when you extract and view models from a copyrighted program or game, those models are also owned by the copyright holder, and you may not distribute them.

Se├▒or Casaroja does not condone or support any form of copyright violation, and if you use Se├▒or Casaroja's tools to rip and illegally distribute copyrighted content, Se├▒or Casaroja will track you down and make you pay for your crimes. Do not cross Se├▒or Casaroja.

Se├▒or Casaroja is a wise man, but he is not a patient man. Se├▒or Casaroja does not like to linger. Se├▒or Casaroja will not entertain your petty squabbles or selfish requests. Do not displease Se├▒or Casaroja!
More officially Rights of Use
The author of this software, Rich Whitehouse, accepts no liability for any use (intended or otherwise) of this software, and expressly forbids the use of this software in violating any form of intellectual or copyright law.

Many file formats supported by Noesis are also used in commercial products. When working with existing material, make sure you know your usage rights, and do not redistribute any copyrighted content that doesn't belong to you!

The author of this software does not in any way condone or support copyright violation/infringement.

It's not strictly illegal to use these tools for your own learning in a lot of places.
It is however very illegal to be distributing the end product. There are a lot of arguments as to how this can harm the original owner of the assets as well as the original authors. It should be repotted and discouraged where possible.

Quoting the author of Noesis again:
People that want to rip models from newer games are usually 600-800% more horrible.
Some of you guys are pretty great, and others I'd like to see burned alive and/or eaten by kittens. So, in the end, this project made me just a little bit more bitter toward humanity, and I guess a good number of you can suck it. Thanks, assholes! And thanks, non-assholes.
Thanks video gamer
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

sspd077 wrote:i have question, i update noesis in its tools and now when i try to export models as ascii file it load in xps/xnalara in render group 40_ but bones or armatures are mess anyone tell me how to fix this ?
Learn to use other tools.

Hehehe.

Actually... I have no idea how Noesis converts models to ascii.
You might try asking around at xentax someone might be able to help you.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Purple_Prickly_Pear
Custom Rank: Lord of Purple Cacti

Post by Purple_Prickly_Pear »

That previous post is.... odd. Any model used in the XPS community, even mesh mods (aside from my own custom work I release, which is truly my own creations) are made from content stolen from videogames. sspd07 did not say that he/she intended to sell the models he/she was porting with Noesis, so in point of fact, he/she is doing nothing any more wrong than any other porter or XPS community member. In fact, sspd07 did not even say where the model came from, it could be his/her own work, that he/she simply wants to port to XPS. This is after all, a thread about a script designed for XPS community members to help them port models, is it not? Unless of course, Anx was simply being sarcastic or joking- if so I apologize for attempting to rebuff her/him, jokes and sarcasm are difficult to grasp without the context of body language.

I have myself used this script to port a number of awesome models, both my own work, and models from videogames, the same as any other XPS porter. In fact I am having the same issue with the script- it exports models almost entirely correctly, but the rigging is utterly ruined upon importing the newly created mesh.ascii model. This is a new thing; I relied on this script for a long time since it came out, as MarioKart64n's 3ds max scripts continue to defy reason with every single model I attempt to port, and produce seemingly random error messages. The script literally worked right up until a month or so ago, at which point the skinning stopped porting correctly- not sure if thats because of something which changed in Noesis, or something which changed in XPS Studio.

An example of the issue I'm having, an issue which probably also affects sspd07, is this: take for example a character model. Properly rigged, and skinned. works fine in blender or 3ds max or whatever. get it into Noesis, seems to work fine. Port it with the script, and all of the sudden the left elbow bone moves the right fingers, some bones do nothing at all, etc etc.

Does anyone know whats causing this? My thinking is that some piece of code in the newest version of Noesis is screwing up the exporting process. I don't actually remember which version of Noesis the script worked best in, so I'll try finding an older copy of Noesis and testing it. If anyone has a copy of Noesis that ports models to XPS just fine, could you maybe link me to it?

EDIT: Again I apologize to Anx if you were joking or being sarcastic, I would certainly look the fool if you actually were, ehhehe...

But on a serious and EPIC note, I have literally just solved my own problem, and quite possibly sspd07's issue as well. I found a copy of Noesis dating back to version 4.17, found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/ ... tion_tool/

I discovered that version 4.17 does in fact correctly export the model, with correct bone weights and everything! So my hypothesis was indeed correct, the new version(s) of Noesis do in fact disrupt this amazing and beautiful XPS export script, and prevent said script fropm exporting correct skinning and bone weights. So basically, if you want to use Noesis to port your models, use the version I linked to above.

God D*MN I feel like a million bucks. I thought I was doomed as a porter, left with no options for porting models. Hopefully my discovery helps others out too :D