Musou Series/Omega Force

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Musou Series/Omega Force

Post by MisterHentai »

Pretty meh on it to be honest since I'm not really a huge Berserk fan.

I mean I still have Sword of the Berserk for the Dreamcast and especially really like Dragon's Dogma which is heavily influenced by the series.

But with a Musou flavour to it, could still be interesting.

Add to the timing of a new anime series for this starting next month, it does come off as a cheap marketing ploy. :pi:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Unifying the classic, time-tested action iconic to the Warriors series with a variety of new features, characters and content in an expansive open world environment, Dynasty Warriors 9 aims to deliver the most immersive and ambitious Dynasty Warriors experience to date.

Augmenting the seriesÔÇÖ first true open world is another immersive innovation introduced in Dynasty Warriors 9: the Interactive Action system. Players will be able to fully utilize their surroundings for the first time in the Warriors franchise with the ability to climb buildings and mountains, wield grappling hooks to traverse walls, and make use of objects like oil barrels in battle. These new actions offer a breadth of new possibilities for players to take advantage of while traveling around third-century China, or when caught in the heat of battle!

Dynasty Warriors 9 introduces exhilarating new combat mechanics to the seriesÔÇÖ signature ÔÇ£one versus thousandsÔÇØ style gameplay with the State Combo System. This new system allows players to perform 3 different attack styles ÔÇô Trigger Attacks, Flow Attacks and Finish Attacks ÔÇô each dealing progressively more damage. Trigger Attacks allow players to create the start of an explosive combo, leading to Flow Attacks, which adapt to the enemyÔÇÖs current state. Successful combos allow for a Finish Attack to be performed, delivering a final blow that eradicates any foes caught in its path. These new enhancements aim to create a thrilling and fluid experience unlike any previous entry in the franchise.

Well, it looks better at least. Actual land geography, foliage, heavier lighting and shadows, lots of enemies. Still the same PS2 level gameplay though.

:snathink:
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

^ I've moved your post to the joined thread, this already fits for every Warriors game :)
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ozzman
Custom Rank: Sleeping Dragon

Post by ozzman »

lol i didn't even know we had a thread for the series XD im used to being the only fan

so has anyone seen any of the films or tv shows based off of the Three Kingdoms Novel that Dynasty Warriors is based off of ??

Red Cliff - 2009 - Battle of Chi Bi basically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd0bqLQrtdE&t=36s

Three Kingdoms 2010 - follows the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, starting with events leading up to Battle of Hulao Pass, this is a playlist of the entire series with a fan made subtitle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHnX4x ... 995E9A7F00

The Lost Bladesman 2011- The story of legendary Guan Yu crossing five passes & slaying six generals of Cao Cao to rejoin Liu Bei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHkQflYGWUY
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

All of them were good watches but suffer from the typical problem of deviating from the original source with their own original material/artistic crap license just for dumb entertainment value.

I remember being very excited for Red Cliff and whilst I still enjoyed the films just for the epic movie genre, it has ALOT of stupid dumb moments and John Woo-isms that make me :facepalm: . Overall it has trouble deciding how much it wants to stay somewhat true to actual history, taking parts from the Romance novel, and then add in all the original crap (Sun Quan and Shangxiang and the fact they were in the battle is just ...... :fdat: ), it becomes quite a mess at times.

The best Romance adaptation from my memory and perhaps it's nostalgia but for very good reason is the 1994 TV series. I remember that being very accurate even for it's time. The same goes with other classic Chinese novel adaptations like Journey To The West. The 1986 series was still the best. Everything else that came after them was just pure crap in my view, especially many of the Hong Kong adaptations that ended up being teen romance demographic crap. :fdat:

Also ......

:snathink:

Shame the environment textures are a bit crap and lacking the extra buttmapness, but hey at least the trade off gives the game a larger world and some actual fucking real geometry and verticality to the landscapes. :LOL:

So as long as Omega Force finally gets into the modern age and can improve more from this, it's still a good start at the least.

If they are still going to continue on with the Xtreme Legends and Empires versions, I hope Empires can be something great given the new scope.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:faphand: :yes: :dats:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:fdat: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Anyone know when DW9 is going to be listed on Steam for preorder?