[PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

rassmoosen
Custom Rank: UNATCO Agent

Re: [PC] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post by rassmoosen »

I don't know why, but I can't seem to be able to get the .smc import plugin to work in blender
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

you must open a text panel; load script into panel and then run it. it's not done through the File menu.
rassmoosen
Custom Rank: UNATCO Agent

Post by rassmoosen »

I'm gonna have a fun time figuring out how to do that. Never used blender. Maya's my bitch.
Appreciated though bro.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

So I'm digging up a dinosaur thread now that I'm messing with this stuff.

Any logic to the texturing?

It would seem that the model imported through smcimport has UV's that apply to large combined lightmap looking texture, but the objects imported from the .obj have more standardized UV's. The downside is that the obj seems like standard UV's but I don't see a standard texture, one is a reddish tint, the other is a green normal map. There are a handful of other textures, but they're of the tileable variety.

Referring to weapons, just in case characters and scenery are a different story.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

yes, there is logic to texturing but i couldn't implement it. there are mtl files, and at the bottom of them in a hex editor, there are numbers that reference filenames. if you send me folder with model and other files in it, i should be able to tell you what textures it used.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Thanks,

I don't have specific files yet, I'm still only done with 4K of 10K worth of folders :fdat: :sweetjesus: for tracking down all the weapons :LOL: I had only tested a few in Blender.

To spare sending you all of them, is there some consistency in their locations with the hex? I could always look them up that way if there is a pattern. Some of the basic models I've tested may have multiple UV layers... some don't even have full texture sets. I guess my only concern for the weapons and objects to tinker with, are textures outside of the folder in which the .obj resides? :think:
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

yes, the game shares lots of textures so they are outside. the pattern is easy to recognize, so when ready send me samples i can highlight the section for you.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Ok, here's where I'm at. I finally found the files I needed... I had to sift through all of the Missing Link files since it was a smaller set than the main game.

As an example here's the Sniper Rifle. There are two versions of each weapon. A High Poly which seems to include all textures except a diffuse

and a Low Poly which only includes a diffuse

Is there likely another diffuse texture hiding in files somewhere that has UV's matching the high poly version OR is the game somehow using in game lighting & assets to generate the final look based on the files included with high poly version?

I'm using file groups 0433 (High Poly) & 06ac (Low Poly) from the Missing Link files.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

ok open up mtl file in hex editor and scroll to bottom and find filenames for textures you already have. look around that area to find filesnames of textures you don't know. if you send me folder that contains sniper rifle i take a look.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Ok Thanks

There's an mtl file associated with the object which has names that don't correlate with the file name in the windows file system and then other 'sub' mtl files which I don't know well based on format.

Here's the two versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bw45ym4c3 ... rRifle.zip