Rendering in DAZ 4.9 - hair texture problem

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

GSchreiber

Rendering in DAZ 4.9 - hair texture problem

Post by GSchreiber »

So I imported a scene from XNALara (11) to DAZ studio (ver 4.9) and applied textures. I have this problem with hair texture, eyelashes and what the hell is wrong with eyebrow texture?
hair-prob.jpg
I think it is common problem when importing stuff. Was dealing with this in 3ds Max, but it was ages ago and all I remember, that it had something to do with opacity and specular colour. I was messing around with these, but with no good results. Lowering opacity didn't help, because it affected the whole texture, including the hairlines.

When it comes to the eyebrow texture, I was trying to fix it by changing the diffuse colour, of both eyebrow texture and the surrounding skin texture. But the skin part of the eyebrow texture seems to be one solid colour :/. Error during import? Because it didn't look like that in XNA.

Also I am a beginner in DAZ. What am I doing wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Re: Rendering in DAZ 4.9 - hair texture problem

Post by Ems »

Look up transparency masks (or opacity or whatever it is called there) tuts in DAZ, because it doesn't use png or tga like you think it should. Don;t use this software, bu I think it uses separate grayscale masks for opacity.
GSchreiber

Re: Rendering in DAZ 4.9 - hair texture problem

Post by GSchreiber »

Thank you, I'll check it ;)

Edit: I found some tutorial and infos and managed to fix the transparent stuff, so thanks again ;)