Cinema, Film, Movies, TV..

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Re: Cinema, Film, Movies, TV..

Post by Vonman »

MisterHentai wrote:

Not gonna lie, that is a pretty good trailer for the :sweetjesus: :fdat: scare.

See .... this is how you do it! :LOL: :pi:

Whether or not the film itself will be good is another thing. :snathink:
:snathink:

i think ill stick to the original.
the new one looks like its just gonna be another jumpscare fest like other modern "scary" movies.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

To be honest though, whilst Tim Curry's one is a classic, like alot of horror films and shows during those times, it is incredibly goofy by today's standards now. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Hory Sheeet Guardians Vol 2 is just an amazingly fun ride. :thumbup:

There is just so much happening in it with the amount of nods and references to old jokes and material from the comics e.g. Old Guardians lore, or that Stan Lee cameo which had me laughing to bits because of WHAT it was trying to be and giving an "OOHHHHHHHH" moment. :lol:

Sure tons of things from the source comics have been changed, but they still manage to do it's own thing by taking parts and bits from them whilst trying to up the stakes from the first film as well.

The "villian" is a bit weak as usual, but due to the literal cosmic scale of it, I can easily say this is somewhat a small peek into what Thanos will do later down the line. This certainly sets a bar for it that's for damn sure. Now that Adam Warlock is official, it is going to be a huge battle in the future. :o

Still, I find it hilarious that the motivations and reveal with the CGI and visuals is like a little jab at Man of Steel.

So much of this film borderlines on dark comedy territory. I mean hey, it is James Gunn, his style is quite particular if you are familiar with his humour. :lol:

It's also just beautiful to watch, so much COLOUR !

The cosmic phase of things for the MCU is definitely what I like so far. Thor: Ragnarok may has alot to live up to as well. Chances are it may not be as good as Guardians 2, but hopefully decent enough.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

It was a really great and fun movie, and yet I still liked the first one better :think: I felt like they threw way too much forced humour in the second one, just because "NO, THIS SCENE MUST BE FUNNIER!!" :LOL: I also felt like the pacing was slightly better in the previous movie :think:
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

guardian 2 was fun movie, but it doesnt makes me want to watch another sequel or wanting more. It has already exhausted all options for character explorations. The whole film feels like a single volume of humor comic, funny but afterwards you just dump it into a garbage can.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Alot of people echo the same thoughts about why they prefer the first movie but then it was a simple affair to follow, what being a character introduction story and mostly lead on Peter/Starlord.

Vol 2, it's very much a true ensemble/supporting cast movie since we already got to know the team. Sure the last act still became all on Peter, but the majority of the film and the best thing to me about it, is that it shines on the other characters, giving their mini-stories, arcs and dynamics some focus and with some closure to them e.g. Gamora/Nebula and especially Yondu. It also really exemplifies each character finding their identity, excepting who they are, and the theme of the family/companionship truly coming together.

It's easy to see why it feels oddly paced because they've really upped the stakes and there is so much more stuff going on, but for me, compared to the other MCU films that did the same things especially with their sequels extra stuffed, I feel this one was best done out of them because it was allowed to express itself in may ways.

I'd easily say alot of stuff in this film, whether the amount of action, stories, humour and comedy were what they've always wanted to do for the first film, but because the mass audience didn't know these characters and universe at the time, they were held back. Now that all sides are comfortable with it, they are now truly allowed to express how bonkers and cosmical it could be.

And honestly, the way it can switch from super serious to comedic central at any moment, it's very much true to the BS nonsense you can see in any of all comicbooks medium itself. This film could be a perfect example of showing that on-screen, along with Marvel being just Marvel proving they can go across so many different ranges and tone. Hell, could even say that Guardians is the most Disney out of all the MCU, and for me that is not a bad thing.

This is also just the tip of the iceberg. Good luck keeping up when both Avengers and Guardians come together in Infinity War. :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

Yes i agree with you, this is marvel's most disney movie. in the end everybody is one whole happy family, the power of friendship. it shows how fluid marvel/ dc comics because the writer and artist can change. In 2013 comic peter quil was a prince of one the biggest kingdom in the galaxy. in 2008 comic, Rocket was actually the voice of reason. scenario writers can change stories and appearances of characters, because people are used to change.

i think this one reason why i never like video game and manga live action. in my mind the characters look, personality and the story are already set in stone. any deviation disappoints me
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I think I'm in the majority boat on this one. Enjoyed it, but pacing was weird, CG scenes were certainly not as crisp as 1. Certain scenes were just drawn out too long if they reduced those and made more room for support, maybe I would have liked it more in line with 1. The Baby Groot intro, too long, Yondu's arrow scene post mutiny, too long, Ravagers whizzing on Groot, too long, some of Drax's jokes, too long. Groot fetching that one item, too long.... in short 7/10 too much Baby Groot, :lol:

I think the only thing that piqued my curiosity for a sequel was the inclusion of Stallone and the two other lead Ravager cameos. I like those actors and want to know how they tie in even though I don't know anything about their comic sources.

From what I've read, I know Stan Lee's cameo may explain a few things, but man am I sick of Stan Lee cameos.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Stallone's team which were a bunch of recognisable oldie actors plus Michael Rosenbaum and Miley Cyrus (Yes really :LOL: ), their characters along with Yondu were the "original" Guardians of the Galaxy team from the comics (Stallone being Starhawk), and so it was just a changed up cameo nod and just that.

With no more Expendables for him, least he gets to make a quick buck. :LOL:

Yeah Stan Lee cameos are getting old, but at least this one finally pokes fun at it and in the context of it all, actually makes sense at least.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Dank Buttsen