Noesis to XNALara/XPS importer/exporter plugin

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Re: Noesis to XNALara/XPS exporter plugin

Post by Ems »

Last working with the plugin version I have is 4.202

Looking into readme, can't really say what changed after that could affect it, Rich is probably the only person who could know. XPS plug is just probably outdated.
FYI older Noesis releases are probably still downloadable via same link from Noesis site, just need to change numbers in address to match the version you want, example:

http://www.richwhitehouse.com/filemirro ... sv4202.zip

But I personally hate using more than necessary programs, so I'll just stick to converting to other formats and passing that to Blender since models always need some additional work done there.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

I'll mention the problem with Noesis to chrrox the next time I talk to him, since he talks to Rich directly. So something is messed up with how newer versions of Noesis exports the skeleton?
Anx

Post by Anx »

semory wrote:I'll mention the problem with Noesis to chrrox the next time I talk to him, since he talks to Rich directly. So something is messed up with how newer versions of Noesis exports the skeleton?
No. The skeleton works. Wrong is the 'bone index' for the 'bone weights'

You have PM :hug:
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Thank you Anx. Sending chrrox message right now so he can tell Rich tomorrow.
Anx

SOLVED: Noesis Python plugin interface is broken

Post by Anx »

Solved June 8, 2017 at 5:21 pm (CST)
semory wrote:Thank you Anx. Sending chrrox message right now so he can tell Rich tomorrow.
Thank you semory, chrrox and Rich :hug:

Verified, WFM now again.
Just tested Noesis 4.274, works now again.

Code: Select all

4.274 - Reverted default behavior change for Python exporters to use NMSHAREDFL_BONEPALETTE, which remaps per-vertex bone indices using the palette. Got complaints of old scripts breaking.
Noesis BUG status: RESOLVED and FIXED
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: Noesis to XNALara/XPS importer/exporter plugin

Post by XNAaraL »

First post updated with version 0.9.4 https://www.sendspace.com/file/42bcl9

NEW:
Noesis XNALara/XPS importer plugin to load XNALara/XPS .mesh.ascii files into Noesis.
The importer can assign diffuse maps (_diffuse), light maps (_lightmap), NormalTexture (_bump), SpecularTexture (_specular) and EnvTexture (_enviroment),
if the model respects the XNALara naming convention for textures.

tonic
Custom Rank: elixir

Post by tonic »

thanks for the update
Purple_Prickly_Pear
Custom Rank: Lord of Purple Cacti

Post by Purple_Prickly_Pear »

Alright guys, so this tool is still the premier script for porting to XNALara... however, there is one thing that has ALWAYS annoyed me about it, and has constantly made porting models a pain in the butt. For whatever reason, this script exports all models to XPS using the 40 render group. This is a problem because a lot of the models I work with don't have specular maps or bump maps off the bat, I often have to build those frmo scratch.

This means that when I load the model into XPS Studio, I get over a hundred error messages thrown in my face (literally) which I can't simply turn off. These errors are basically XPS whining about how each tiny mesh piece doesn't have a specular or bump map... XPS then proceeds to create dozens and dozens of junk files to fill the "empty" spaces in my file structure where there "should be" bump and spec maps.

This means I have to dig through my textures and delete hundreds of junk 1KB image files, then remove them each manually from the model in XPS. This is often over a hundred separate mesh pieces I have to edit textures for in XPS.

Are there any commands for Noesis for this script that stop the script from releasing the model automatically in the 40 render group? I'd honestly prefer it if it just exported using the render group with only diffuse textures, so I could easily texture the model in XPS without tons of error messages and junk files.

Thanks for your help guys, this script is amazing, but I'd really like to streamline the porting process.
sophie_

Post by sophie_ »

Purple_Prickly_Pear wrote:Alright guys, so this tool is still the premier script for porting to XNALara... however, there is one thing that has ALWAYS annoyed me about it, and has constantly made porting models a pain in the butt. For whatever reason, this script exports all models to XPS using the 40 render group. This is a problem because a lot of the models I work with don't have specular maps or bump maps off the bat, I often have to build those frmo scratch.

This means that when I load the model into XPS Studio, I get over a hundred error messages thrown in my face (literally) which I can't simply turn off. These errors are basically XPS whining about how each tiny mesh piece doesn't have a specular or bump map... XPS then proceeds to create dozens and dozens of junk files to fill the "empty" spaces in my file structure where there "should be" bump and spec maps.

This means I have to dig through my textures and delete hundreds of junk 1KB image files, then remove them each manually from the model in XPS. This is often over a hundred separate mesh pieces I have to edit textures for in XPS.

Are there any commands for Noesis for this script that stop the script from releasing the model automatically in the 40 render group? I'd honestly prefer it if it just exported using the render group with only diffuse textures, so I could easily texture the model in XPS without tons of error messages and junk files.

Thanks for your help guys, this script is amazing, but I'd really like to streamline the porting process.
Simply edit with notepad the generated Noesis Ascii file, click on modify--> replace, and write in "find" 40_ and in "replace with:" write 7_ ..save it and import in xna
angelscream02
Custom Rank: Astral

Post by angelscream02 »

I followed everything in this thread, and still nothing works, I get cannot load ascii file error. Help please. I'm new to noesis btw.