Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

m3d

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by m3d »

semory wrote:odd, what textures are messed up? i don't think materials were supported.
BTW i just found the missing large textures in different folder named streaming
till now everything is fine except the OBJ mtl files? is there any solution or any different tool to convert to OBJ or any other 3D format with the material linked?
thanks Semory
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Steve I'm thinking about buying Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy this Steam summer sale. Is it still supported in th current version?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Shinteo

Post by Shinteo »

ssringo wrote:I know you have a lot on your plate semory so this isn't a request but figured I'd mention that Dragon Quest Heroes II came out a couple days ago (you've mentioned you don't notice all the releases).

I ran the extractor with the DQH option. Extraction somewhat worked. Kicked out meshes and g1t into folders but didn't extract textures (ran a couple other options such as Berserk but textures didn't extract correctly). Most models also didn't seem to have corresponding skeleton .smc file for the mesh .smc files. Some models were completely together while others had that old issue of cloth/hair being separated and needing to be moved into the correct position.

Hope you got your computer back up and working mate. Cheers.

EDIT:

Not making a new post since nobody else replied yet. It's not that DQH2 simply doesn't work with the current tool, it's that the current tool doesn't even extract DQH textures correctly. The textures it kicks out are black/white and a bit fuzzy. Going back to the tool you posted when DQH was first supported works fine with DQH (obviously). That same tool almost works fine with DQH2 as well. It errors out (or just stops, can't tell as the cmd prompt closes automatically) before finishing everything. However, after extraction you can run it again only telling it to process g1m and g1t files and it will work with most of the character models and their textures. Still have to move some mesh parts into place using the information on the .txt files in that model's folder.

As for the skeletons, they also extracted but I had to find them manually as the main model meshes would be in one folder (or more in the case of hair, etc) but the skeleton and textures would sometimes be in another folder. With proper textures it's easy to match up textures, and skeletons, to the character meshes. That seems to be what happened with DQH as well but I apparently forgot about that :XD: Obviously the tool isn't 100% working but folks can get working character models out of it.

@ ssringo
How did you get working models out of DQH2? All I can get is some building meshes and UI textures.
Building meshes found under folders 0xxx_MDLK
UI textures found under folders 0xxx_t

No character mesh to be found.
Please advice.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

thePWA wrote:Steve I'm thinking about buying Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy this Steam summer sale. Is it still supported in th current version?
hey josh, i bought the game but haven't tried it yet. did you end up getting it? i didn't have anybody to play with as it kinda sucks playing coop games by myself so i never installed it to test it lmao. i was interested in seeing if the new l4d characters were any different.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

semory wrote:
thePWA wrote:Steve I'm thinking about buying Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy this Steam summer sale. Is it still supported in th current version?
hey josh, i bought the game but haven't tried it yet. did you end up getting it? i didn't have anybody to play with as it kinda sucks playing coop games by myself so i never installed it to test it lmao. i was interested in seeing if the new l4d characters were any different.
Steve it worked I got the L4D characters they had head rigs not like their Source counterparts.
I'm thinking of getting Sniper Elite III assuming its the same engine as Zombie Army Trilogy would it also work there?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

I wouldn't put any money on it as archive format may be different. But the ZAT game was super easy to figure out. It was like the XNALara format, in that there was only ONE model format for every model in the game (even static models had root skeleton and weights). ZAT was like the easiest format I've ever worked with lmao that's why I did it.
Shinteo

Post by Shinteo »

Any chance of seeing Dragon Quest Heroes 2 support?
havie

Post by havie »

Want to say thank you for making this tool.

After sorting through like 6 different versions of DW games, all sorts of individual PKG DLs of just the DLC costumes in the form of .edat files, I couldnt get anything to process properly, wouldnt do anything or would come out as .unknown files,
Finally i found the PS3 version of Warriors Orochi 3 online which has all the DLC costumes i was looking for in the base game, this finally processed (no idea which version it was like BMJ### whatever , but it worked)

Obviously you dont have to, but you should look into adding support for more versions of the game, and specifically DLC, Im assuming these other versions didnt work because they were the PC version, im no expert but id imagine the way its encrypted couldnt be all that different.

Regardless thanks a million ( especially to Dazzy for his replies w priv messages when no1 else would)

if anyone has any info on how to extract non-flat models from ps2 games, or process a lindata.BNS instead of .BIN please MSG me, as im trying to get the secret dynasty tactics Lu Bu costume out from DW3:XL , last one i need :p
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

Stevie, with Musou Allstars now out, will you be adding support, since I think its the same engine as the previous DW.
Kurokairaku
Custom Rank: Graphics and 3D Expert

Post by Kurokairaku »

Unfortunately with Warriors All Stars, none of the supported methods work, so this game must be using something different. My extracts was all over the place and half incomplete because some g1m and other files didn't get converted and all that. Hope for support, though I havn't seen to much activity. Is this thread okay?