Converting models from other programs to XNALara?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Converting models from other programs to XNALara?

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

I've stumbled multiple times over other posing programs like MikuMikuDance and I'm wondering if it is possible to convert models that have been created/used there to be useable in XNALara... Since I'm not learning other programs right about now (XNALara is surely enough for the time being, hence the fact that one's having a big bowl of options with that program), I'm asking here:

Is it possible to convert models useable for example in MMD to be useable in XNALara? If not, why?

Any answer is welcome and helps me build my model collection ;) If you wanna get information on which models I've stumbled upon, I have them ready!
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Converting models from other programs to XNALara?

Post by iheartibuki »

There is a tool to convert MMD to XNALara/XPS but I can't remember what it's called because it's been a while since I did it. It's not a direct conversion but a tool that lets you import MMD files into Blender, then export them in the generic item format. With that said, the MMD community is notorious for putting all kinds of draconian rules on their ports. I would proceed with caution and suggest to watch how that community works first if you want to avoid unnecessary drama.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

The_Chronicle_GER

I found that tool and I'm using it. Here's the link: Click me!

I've converted Volga (Hyrule Warriors; he's in that big pack I linked) and Zephyrmon (Digimon Masters Online) successfully, but the latter has its bones named in japanese... Permanent renaming is only available in Blender, I assume? Also, when trying to convert Megaman or Alexis Rhodes (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX), I get an error that says that the ' "NoneType" object has no attribute "Filepath" ' - how can I solve that? Both have multiple files for texture but none of them seems to work...
The_Chronicle_GER

Sry for double post, but I think I've located the problem:

According to this issue on GitHub, the texture file isn't supposed to be in the blender folder. That is for the models mentioned in the post before not the case, but yet, the error occurs. I even moved my folder (where I collect the MMD conversions) onto my regular HDD and get the same error.

What is then causing the issue?
SteeLisPain7

Post by SteeLisPain7 »

Some people recommended Neosis, but it hasn't been working great for me, so I don't know...anyone knows a better program?
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Post by Ems »

SteeLisPain7 wrote:Some people recommended Neosis, but it hasn't been working great for me, so I don't know...anyone knows a better program?

Elaborate on this, how is it not working? It converts meshes properly for years, but it's not like it spits out XPS-ready models, they still need some more work on them done.
The_Chronicle_GER

Previous post got deleted 'cause I found the solution: When trying to port MMD models to XPS, Blender versions 2.80+ require a different method of assigning the textures to the model. Doing this porting stuff with version 2.79 at the latest takes the textures over when porting the model.

Sometimes there's only the hard way to learn stuff ;)
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

The_Chronicle_GER wrote:Previous post got deleted 'cause I found the solution: When trying to port MMD models to XPS, Blender versions 2.80+ require a different method of assigning the textures to the model. Doing this porting stuff with version 2.79 at the latest takes the textures over when porting the model.

Right. It works perfect.
Doing this porting stuff with version 2.82 at the latest takes the textures over when porting the model, using the right XPS tool :ohn:

Frakimi

Post by Frakimi »

Hello, I'm looking for a way to port Blender models on Xnalara, it is possible? I'm not able to use Blender at all, but if someone can help I will be very grateful! Thank you!
ilego

Post by ilego »

XNAaraL wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:26 am
The_Chronicle_GER wrote:Previous post got deleted 'cause I found the solution: When trying to port MMD models to XPS, Blender versions 2.80+ require a different method of assigning the textures to the model. Doing this porting stuff with version 2.79 at the latest takes the textures over when porting the model.

Right. It works perfect.
Doing this porting stuff with version 2.82 at the latest takes the textures over when porting the model, using the right XPS tool :ohn:

@xnaaral private message me if you reply but I just want to use it for AR
PM me if u reply