Character Model Requests

Post your requests for XNALara models here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Love2Raid

Anx

Re: Character Model Requests

Post by Anx »

I have received the model; and I tested it in Noesis, Blender and XPS.
In my opinion, it is a waste of time trying to port this model to XPS.

For the following reasons:
  1. incomplete - no original file format
    The upload contains neither the original .gr2 model nor the .FBX model (only GenericItem.mesh.ascii, GenericItem.mesh and xps.xps)
  2. inappropriate - Low-Poly
    The model is extremely Low-Poly (4k), the head has just 180 vertices.
  3. imperfect - not poseable (no skeleton; no bone weights)
    The model does not contain a skeleton (only one root bone for each part (hair, head and body), plus a "fbx root" as parent for the 3 parts.
  4. unsuitable - No uv mapping
    The model does not contain a UV unwrap. All texture coordinates are at 0,0 (ie using a Point Filtering the upper left pixel of the texture, at bilinear filtering the interpolation of the four corners of the texture). Therefore the model appears black or semitransparent (depending on the assigned texture).
  5. inadequate - just diffuse texture
    The material sets are not as you claim Diffuse, Ambient occlusion, Normal and specular, each of the 3 parts has only a diffuse texture.
Last edited by Anx on Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

Anx wrote:I have received the model; and I tested it in Noesis, Blender and XPS.
In my opinion, it is a waste of time trying to port this model to XPS.

For the following reasons:
  1. incomplete - no original file format
    The upload contains neither the original .gr2 model nor the .FBX model (only GenericItem.mesh.ascii, GenericItem.mesh and xps.xps)
  2. inappropriate - Low-Poly
    The model is extremely Low-Poly (4k), the head has just 180 vertices.
  3. imperfect - not poseable (no skeleton; no bone weights)
    The model does not contain a skeleton (only one root bone for each part (hair, head and body), plus a "fbx root" as parent for the 3 parts.
  4. unsuitable - No uv mapping
    The model does not contain a UV unwrap. All texture coordinates are at 0,0 (ie using a Point Filtering the upper left pixel of the texture, at bilinear filtering the interpolation of the four corners of the texture). Therefore the model appears black or semitransparent (depending on the assigned texture).
  5. inadequate - just diffuse texture
    The material sets are not as you claim Diffuse, Ambient occlusion, Normal and specular, each of the 3 parts has only a diffuse texture.
So, there's absolutely NO way of getting this done? Even if I make a new upload with the .gr2 and .fbx models? (located here, this time with the original models: Google Drive) If this doesn't help, either, then it's game over for this one...

The low-poly comes from the fact that the game itself is rather old (release in Korea was 15 years ago, in Germany 13 years), so that the graphics are rather simple. This helps running it on older machines, though...

Like I said before: Somehow I can't seem to import the skeleton into Max (neither with the maxscript nor the smd/gr2 files) 'cause I either lack the importer or the importer doesn't work properly.

The UV unrap is something I never got told about, so that I had no clue about getting this done.

And the texture is something I really didn't know, that it is only a diffuse one.

So, as you can see, most of the things that are kinda botched on this model go onto my end. Maybe I should've made it an official model request from the very beginning... :think:
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

The_Chronicle_GER wrote:So, there's absolutely NO way of getting this done? Even if I make a new upload with the .gr2 and .fbx models? (located here, this time with the original models: Google Drive) If this doesn't help, either, then it's game over for this one...

The low-poly comes from the fact that the game itself is rather old (release in Korea was 15 years ago, in Germany 13 years), so that the graphics are rather simple. This helps running it on older machines, though...

Like I said before: Somehow I can't seem to import the skeleton into Max (neither with the maxscript nor the smd/gr2 files) 'cause I either lack the importer or the importer doesn't work properly.

The UV unrap is something I never got told about, so that I had no clue about getting this done.

And the texture is something I really didn't know, that it is only a diffuse one.

So, as you can see, most of the things that are kinda botched on this model go onto my end. Maybe I should've made it an official model request from the very beginning... :think:
Image:

DL:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/89m0pv

Tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9&start=1620#p82144
Anx wrote:My 2 cents
  1. Convert the .gr2 file with http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php ... Post620534 to callada .dae
  2. Load the Granny model in Noesis (I have load it in Blender because the Body do not want to load in Noesis as .dae, and Export it as .FBX. After this, I have load the FBX in Noesis)
  3. Load all the .mesh.ascii parts in XPS
  4. Merge the parts in XPS using "Modify->Export scene as mesh" https://www.deviantart.com/grummel83/ar ... -620553955
  5. resize the model and assign the textures in XPS using "Modify->Material Editor" https://www.deviantart.com/xnafreak/art ... -754288680
  6. Profit
The_Chronicle_GER

XNAaraL wrote: Image:

DL:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/89m0pv
Thank you there, XNAaraL! You're one big lifesaver! :high: This is EXACTLY what I was striving for, but couldn't accomplish!

I think I'm gonna put my foot down when it comes to new models - which I would also use as a friendly reminder for my request I posted on August 19, 2018. I'm still searching for the engines of the games, so that it goes smoother with the work there.
Anx

Post by Anx »

The_Chronicle_GER wrote:I think I'm gonna put my foot down when it comes to new models - which I would also use as a friendly reminder for my request I posted on August 19, 2018. I'm still searching for the engines of the games, so that it goes smoother with the work there.
Download ToDTalwyn for XPS

If you have the game data, porting can done very quickly (5 minutes). There a good tools.
You can also use the "static" obj models, and do the rigging and skinning.
1) Very fast and easy: Mixamo. Video https://youtu.be/Mpsee9j-Btc?t=192
2) Even in XPS, it is possible: http://xnalara.forumotion.com/t113-only ... nalara-8-8
3) The best way is using Blender (that is what I have done for ToDTalwyn): https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpo ... tcount=494
The_Chronicle_GER

Thank you there, Anx - another one down!

BTW: Am I allowed to link model requests posted on other forums (which have an XNALara/XPS department)?
I'm still on detective work for the other games (regarding their engines). This could take some time...
dougdude10

Post by dougdude10 »

Neof06

XNA - marvel spiderman PS4

Post by Neof06 »

Nobody found the marvel spiderman PS4 characters?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
litost88

Post by litost88 »

I'm looking for this model : Annna from the Onechanbara Series. I know DRXPS released it but there was no working link alive. Hope someone replays :)
marvelvsdcvscapcom
Custom Rank: clean

Post by marvelvsdcvscapcom »

Ch'p of DC Comics.png
What about Ch'p of DC Comics fame? He's such a squirrel. Model him, then rig him so that I'll see it in XPS. Make sure his tail is rolled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.