Steven's Gas Machine

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Bosper

Re: Steven's Gas Machine

Post by Bosper »

Good morning

First of all thank you for this tool. It's really very helpful!
However, I have the problem with Dynasty Warriors 9 that the BC6/BC7 DDS files cannot be opened (via Gimp/Paint.net).

I get the following error message from paint.net:
Exception:

System.FormatException: The DDS file is invalid.
at DdsFileTypePlus.DdsNative.Load(Stream stream)
at DdsFileTypePlus.DdsFile.Load(Stream input)
at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Data\FileType.cs:line 498
at PaintDotNet.Data.FileTypeProxy.OnLoad(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\PaintDotNet\Data\FileTypeProxy.cs:line 58
at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Data\FileType.cs:line 498
at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158
Can someone help me there? I am particularly interested in the weapons.
I didn't have this problem with DW8.

Greetings!
Eleanna

Post by Eleanna »

Hello, I wanted to ask, how can I extract customized models in 'Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires'?
Razzoriel

Post by Razzoriel »

Hi, I made this account only to ask this.

Recently, I've tried looking for the models of weapons in Koei games. So far, Luigi's QuickBMS works for several titles, but this tool is much more useful. So far, I've tried ripping DW 8, DW8: Empires, DWXL, Warriors Orochi 4 and DW 9.

DW9 was ripped with success, but that is it. All other titles have a small but noticeable problem in that the tool does not extract the last weapon of each character, UNLESS he has one less weapon choice than all. So for instance, a character in a DW8 game has only 4 weapon models, then this tool extracts all four with no issue. However, if another character has five, it will only extract the first four weapons and ignore the fifth. I made specific effort to extract only from games that do have the weapon in them, so in all cases the weapon can be unlocked and played with no issue from the game it should be ripped from. So its up for two issues here:

* The final weapons are stored elsewhere and not in the weapons "data lump" the rips usually make, where it starts in a specific ID and goes all the way to another with all weapon textures and models there. I've tried opening all files, but to no avail.

* The tool is probably missing a header for this last weapon rip and ignores/skips it, and is not ripped

In any case, just want to let people know of this specific trouble. In WO4, the rip also does not work 100% with all models, and some header for certain models get corrupt, and can never be exported or opened, for some reason. The texture works fine, though. Maybe it has to do with bones.

I am looking to rip older DW titles to see if the problem persists. QuickBMS ripping DW8 also curiously yields the same results, but I am skeptical if the game QuickBMS ripped from has the XL last weapons at all.

If anyone managed to rip the entirety of the DW/WO/SW series weapons, please let me know, It bugs me to no end that the rips can get almost every weapon, but skips the last one.

EDIT: And if its not much to ask, support for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for PC, instead of PS3.
BABYMETAL1997
Custom Rank: What am I? A psychopath?

Post by BABYMETAL1997 »

How long does it normally take for a game's assets to extract using SGM? I decided to extract the character models from Dynasty Warriors 8 XLCE and was just wondering.
luluntes3001

Post by luluntes3001 »

Any new release? I'm trying to extract dq heroes files from switch