Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by MisterHentai »

Yep, SFV broke 100K because of the Daigo vs Justin match. Even then that is only for the official CapcomFighters stream and there are other language restreams to consider as well.

And yeah KOFXIV isn't doing too bad. The stream numbers now i.e 2-3K aren't that bad and still is the most watched for a side tournament. Better than on Friday which averaged 1.5K and also had no commentary, although with it now, I kind of wished it was silent. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

That's funny, I felt the same way. I loved having that on low while watching capcomfighters. As soon as they went to commentary I muted it. :lol:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

EVO having the finals in an actual arena really adds to the atmosphere greatly and I only hope it continues on from here.

So as long as they also keep all the E-Sports flashy stage light crap to a tame level which so far it's just about right. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

:evillaugh: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

That gootecks face on 0:27 rivals this:

:LOL:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

In other news:

Will not post Bob's because quite frankly don't care about him and am actually quite sad that he's back. :problem:

Master Raven... Did Wesley Snipes get a sex change? :LOL: I betcha she's kinda like Josie replacing Bruce, she probably will have easier dial controls than the original Raven did.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Other news including Juri being avaliable later this month for SFV and Dizzy also coming back for GG Rev as DLC which will be free for everyone for a limited time.

And ROR at having to advertise "Story mode".

Still interesting though since it will be a brand new saga for the series.

But still, SFV really opened the floodgates and lowered the marketing hooks and mentality for the competition having to advertise quite honestly, very trivial and standard modes to get the bandwagoners as much as they can. :facepalm: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Forgot to add that "EVO Japan" will finally be a thing now after being postponed for so long and with events such as the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that had happened causing more delays, it couldn't be helped.

More information will be revealed later that TGS 2016.

Now that it's off to a start, this should be interesting. Since SBO died years ago, it will be nice to have a new all purpose and national fighting tournament for the country. (No single elimination/team focused BS that Japan tends to always do for their own tournaments)

And if top Western players don't travel to this even for the fun or to prove their skills worth (How much prize money and Japan's own gambling laws will affect their choice), then it goes to show why Asians will still dominate all over. :mis: :evillaugh:
Dank Buttsen

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Trailer's early this week.

Team Sleepy Daz :LOL:

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Meitenkun having Chun Li's lightning air kicks. :LOL:

Lots of very common moves in the characters for sure. :lol:

I really like the stage as well. Sure it's not as colourful as the others, but the 3D depth going into the background is what impresses me most.
Dank Buttsen