Mortal Kombat Series

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Mortal Kombat Series

Post by iheartibuki »

It is region locked, this was already announced a few weeks ago. Not surprised to be honest especially with Netherrealm's history with shitty netcode in their games. :LOL:

Oh, and PS4, pfwah, PC is where it's at! :LOL: I'm sure the first "higher" poly models that will hit online will come from the PC version (PS3 and X360 versions are delayed) and the netcode will be slightly better than console versions.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Didn't realise it was announced lol.

PC version... i aint got a pc to handle that :fdat:
PC is the only version we can get models from, unless we wait for the 360 and PS3 ports, but then the models would probs be a little worse lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Ya afaik most fg developers don't really region lock their games so you can still attempt to play with somebody across the globe. It is possible that NRS just wants the best possible experience for you (hmmm I think I read that somewhere else before... :LOL:) but with their netcode history in MK9 and Injustice it doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence that it will be a lot better this time around.

Not sure if somebody can hack the PC version so that region lock is disabled, would be the best way to pway with peeps on the board.

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

From that link you posted it mentions Playstation only... why doesn't Xbox get a region lock and Playstation does? I find that annoying tbh lol.

If I ever got a better PC id be sure to get the PC version because I know there will be more people here playin that version lol.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Netcode is just as bad or even worse on PC for both MK9 and Injustice. So you ain't exactly missing out there.

And NRS + Xbawx = dat AMURIKAN connections. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

^ Do you have the games or is that an anecdote? ;) I did buy MK9 on PC right after it was announced and I did seem to have better connections than I did playing the PS3 version of the game. I dunno, maybe more people in PS3 lobbies? Less players on Steam even right after release? Injustice on PC, I dunno. I have the game here but I haven't attempted to install it yet. I guess this is more like a case of YMMV!

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Not on my own computer, but do on a work and a cousin's PC. The games are still on sale at the moment so I may just pick them up, but really not looking to play them online any way.

And yeah end of the day, it's still just the same random situations and variables that apply. Combination of where they are in the world, n00bs playing on wireless connection regardless of what platform it is on, or for the PC folks, not playing on the best of hardware for optimised and smooth settings and therefore gimping the overall experience for both players.

It's not just the netcode, but too many other factors as well. Injustice is certainly better, but from my experience, I find it's still the same across all platforms.

I have no idea what to expect from MKX though, but from all the rumblings so far from the lucky early players, I see alot of mentions of "Injustice quarity" thrown around. :|

On a side note, I haven't played USFIV online on PC in a while, and the fact that I have better and near-perfect connections playing with people from France than my own country, will speak for how fucked up that this version of the game still is. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

"Injustice quarity" doesn't sound good! Funny because Ed Boon was supposedly interviewed about the netcode and he swore that it is better this time around lol! At the end of the day, I think it's also a matter of "trading it off" for the single player experience. They seem to put it all on that rather than the online experience, which is odd for a fighting game.

On a different note, I think the character animations in this game are worse than MK9's. Is it just me or are Erron Black's moves a bit janky/clumsy?

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Ehhh.... I just think of it as typical MK quarity animations AND Unreal Engine jank. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin

Post by Dazzy »

Some screenshots... the gory ones are linked, only click them if you feel you can handle it :LOL: (Don't think the X-Ray ones are bad enough to be link only)