Game(s) you are currently playing?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Game(s) you are currently playing?

Post by MisterHentai »

The games are free so as long as your subscription remains or you still stay subscribed. Otherwise they will just sit on your hard drive doing nothing.

Trophies disappear? Where the hell did that come from? :? You obviously won't get any Trophies if you don't play any game and so as long as you remember to sync them up online, then it will stay on the servers on your profile. :lol:

Highly unlikely that PS3 games will be fully backwards compatible on PS4 since they are completely different architectures. Very likelyPS3 games will be available on PS4 by the Gaikai service via streaming.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Love2Raid wrote:Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, Daz. So the trophies stay, that's really cool. I thought they would disappear as well, lol. That would have been really sneaky. :P

Von, good idea, but I prefer new stuff. :D
Exactly, I'm quite disappointed with the exclusives that the XBOX has. The PS has a lot that I find more interesting. I don't care about shooters like Halo and Gears. I think it would be better for me to wait for the PS4, since I haven't bought any PS3 games yet anyway and they should all be available on the PS store. So I would then end up with a PS4 for new 'next-gen' releases and older PS exclusives, the 360 for current-gen games and then there's the WiiU... I wouldn't even have considered buying that if it weren't for Bayonetta 2... which I really want to play. FML.
/first-world problems :lol:
:lol:

:high: awesome. yeah its only a few months left before the next gen is here, its best if you go for that :thumbup:
im planning to get a PS4 too, followed by WiiU for the next gen.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Vonman wrote:
Love2Raid wrote:Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, Daz. So the trophies stay, that's really cool. I thought they would disappear as well, lol. That would have been really sneaky. :P

Von, good idea, but I prefer new stuff. :D
Exactly, I'm quite disappointed with the exclusives that the XBOX has. The PS has a lot that I find more interesting. I don't care about shooters like Halo and Gears. I think it would be better for me to wait for the PS4, since I haven't bought any PS3 games yet anyway and they should all be available on the PS store. So I would then end up with a PS4 for new 'next-gen' releases and older PS exclusives, the 360 for current-gen games and then there's the WiiU... I wouldn't even have considered buying that if it weren't for Bayonetta 2... which I really want to play. FML.
/first-world problems :lol:
:lol:

:high: awesome. yeah its only a few months left before the next gen is here, its best if you go for that :thumbup:
im planning to get a PS4 too, followed by WiiU for the next gen.
Yep. :D
It doesn't make much sense to buy a system you haven't got any games for (PS3 for me) this late, better to wait for the PS4 now.
:high:
MisterHentai wrote:The games are free so as long as your subscription remains or you still stay subscribed. Otherwise they will just sit on your hard drive doing nothing.

Trophies disappear? Where the hell did that come from? :? You obviously won't get any Trophies if you don't play any game and so as long as you remember to sync them up online, then it will stay on the servers on your profile. :lol:

Highly unlikely that PS3 games will be fully backwards compatible on PS4 since they are completely different architectures. Very likelyPS3 games will be available on PS4 by the Gaikai service via streaming.
Idk I thought I read that somewhere... it might have been a dream. :pi:

Yeah, that's what I meant, the Gaikai streaming thingy. :)
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

You'll only lose Trophies if you've never sync'd up your profile online and your PS3/hard drive also dies with it. I mean unless you have no Internet access, the nyou will be screwed, otherwise, it won't be that hard considering PS3 online usage is completely free, so there is no way you can miss out on that if you care about it.

Gaikai sounds very interesting though, but since it is pretty much just like OnLive, you are going to need a very good Internet connection for that. :(

First world problems indeed. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

I see!

I've got pretty fast internet and a stable connection (with cable xD), it should be okay. I can't buy a PS4 and a PS3, lol. I'm only interested in a few PS3 titles: Prince of Persia HD trilogy, Splinter Cell HD trilogy, Journey, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Beyond - 2 Souls and The Last of Us... I think that's it. :P
Other than that there are some PSone and PS2 'classics'.

Hahaha, yep. :D
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Oh I forgot about Infamous and God of War. :pi:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Still much better to get a PS3, especially if it's on sale, discount package and all that.

Since you won't be getting a PS4 for a long time any way, maybe until it's next revision model at least if history repeats itself, it's definitely worth it. Lots of PSN digital download titles too. And you can play online with alot of us depending on the game. :P

Plus if you subscribe to PS+ for however long you want, once you get a PS4, it carries on over. So either way, things would be set and ready.
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Well, if you had a PS3 before they updated the yearly updates for PS+ a few weeks ago, you could have got Infamous 2 for free on PS+ :P
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well since it is a Sony first-party game, no doubt it may reappear at some point since it is easier for them to do so and a cheap way to refill the free games part.
Dank Buttsen

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

But the PS+ members would be angry then, if they added it 2 times xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.