Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Post by MisterHentai »

It's the way things are for the majority of fighting games in general because that's what they are designed for.

If you are playing against real and random people, then you unfortunately have to be competitive and at least put the time and knowledge to know the ins and outs of the game. In this part of the field, there will always be someone better than you or takes it very seriously, that is fact. If you cannot handle it, then the best thing to do is to stop playing. :lol:

If you are playing against real friends or people you know who aren't as good or at the same casual/beginner level as yourself, then that is fine. Because you can at least enjoy yourself without worrying about winning or losing and just do n00by random crap for laughs.

If you are only playing against the CPU, there is only so far you can get before it becomes really limiting. You don't exactly learn much from the CPU since they are essentially just programmed patterns and reading your own buttons input to frustrate yoy. If it's single player or story you want, then well, fighting games aren't exactly built for that. Sure, BlazBlue, Persona 4 Golden Arena or Mortal Kombat 9 have changed the way that is done, but at the end of the day, a fighting game is generally for the competitive scene. Old fashion FPS games like Unreal Tournament and Quake III are built for the same reason.

There's a very fine line between the casual and the serious player or professional in games like these, so it is down to awareness and having to put up with the difficulties of both crowds.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
gadabung

Post by gadabung »

While it is true that a woman can learn to fight as well as any man ((skill)), they will never be as strong or last as long as a man.

Still, looking for realism in games is pointless, because most fights in real life are´╗┐ over fairly quickly.
Kagero

Post by Kagero »

Cool to see that a bunch of people in the XNALara community enjoys Tekken as well as other fighting games!

I actually first found out about XNALara because I was looking to create a panel print from one of my joysticks (layering artwork underneath the top joystick panel plexiglass), and went scouring the internet for some high-definition renders that I might have been able to use. In my search, I came across some Tekken characters in XNA poses on DeviantArt and wondered "Hey, how did they do that??". I actually ended up using .:Someone:.'s Kunimitsu XNA port to create a pose which I've used in my panel art, which I've already sent off to Tek Innovations for printing and cutting.

I've been a huge Tekken fan since the mid-90's, and have run and helped out with Tekken websites, made videos, cosplay, art, FAQs, magazine articles, helped with strategy guides, etc.. Unfortunately now that I'm in my mid-30's, I don't nearly have as much disposable time to practice as I'd like. Pretty much all my time with TTT2 had been spent writing and updating the ASCII movelist FAQ for the game (200+ pages!). Now since that's finished (for the most part..), and I have some free time between my consultant jobs, I'm finally getting around to practicing some combat! Whereas before my approach was to study multiple characters at once, the amount of specification/study/practice required for TTT2 means I have to go into the lab with a specific team and see where that will take me. I'm starting off with Unknown/Kunimitsu team, but might drop Unknown for Nina if I can get become more consistent with my SS+1 stuttering and iWS+1's.

Thanks to everyone who has spent the time porting Tekken and other character models into XNA- It makes learning 3D model cross-programming fun again!
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Vonman wrote:
Arenthor wrote:
Vonman wrote:EDIT: is it really impossibru to win thies game at higher level without mastering the juggles??? :rage:
Well, yeah, that's what makes it "high level".
when a character can finish you off from 100 to 0 in one ridiculous combo, its no longer considered "high-level" :ohn:
its called SNK retarded boss-tier difficulty which is a whole new level :pi:
Just gotta love that phrase LOL

Been a King of Fighters fan since the 80s I know how retarded and ridiculously frustrating the boss moves/finishers can be.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Kagero wrote:Cool to see that a bunch of people in the XNALara community enjoys Tekken as well as other fighting games!

I actually first found out about XNALara because I was looking to create a panel print from one of my joysticks (layering artwork underneath the top joystick panel plexiglass), and went scouring the internet for some high-definition renders that I might have been able to use. In my search, I came across some Tekken characters in XNA poses on DeviantArt and wondered "Hey, how did they do that??". I actually ended up using .:Someone:.'s Kunimitsu XNA port to create a pose which I've used in my panel art, which I've already sent off to Tek Innovations for printing and cutting.

I've been a huge Tekken fan since the mid-90's, and have run and helped out with Tekken websites, made videos, cosplay, art, FAQs, magazine articles, helped with strategy guides, etc.. Unfortunately now that I'm in my mid-30's, I don't nearly have as much disposable time to practice as I'd like. Pretty much all my time with TTT2 had been spent writing and updating the ASCII movelist FAQ for the game (200+ pages!). Now since that's finished (for the most part..), and I have some free time between my consultant jobs, I'm finally getting around to practicing some combat! Whereas before my approach was to study multiple characters at once, the amount of specification/study/practice required for TTT2 means I have to go into the lab with a specific team and see where that will take me. I'm starting off with Unknown/Kunimitsu team, but might drop Unknown for Nina if I can get become more consistent with my SS+1 stuttering and iWS+1's.

Thanks to everyone who has spent the time porting Tekken and other character models into XNA- It makes learning 3D model cross-programming fun again!
Cool! Which sites do you frequent? I don't usually hang out at Tekken sites but I've only taken the games more seriously than before 2 years ago, lol! I started playing T3 back in the late 90s, skipped 4, then came upon DRO on PSN 2 years ago and I was hooked ever since. Funny thing is I'm also in my mid-30s now but I seem to be a lot better in my execution than before (can do EWGFs and 10 strings more consistently as opposed to not being able to do them AT ALL in my "younger" days haha). I tended to just mash the buttons before as opposed to timing them right. As much as I'd like to learn the ins and outs of every character, there's just too many of them (esp in TTT2) with so many moves so I only know a few match ups and that means if I went on an online rank match right I will pretty much get destroyed by higher level players. Plus I noticed my reaction times have def slowed down a lot since my "younger" days, and these kids that I've met online just bang out every move like they eat, drink and sleep Tekken. That's why I've only pretty much played with folks here, nothing serious... just bust the game and bullshit some along the way on the head set. :lol:
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Kagero

Post by Kagero »

iheartibuki wrote: Cool! Which sites do you frequent? I don't usually hang out at Tekken sites but I've only taken the games more seriously than before 2 years ago, lol! I started playing T3 back in the late 90s, skipped 4, then came upon DRO on PSN 2 years ago and I was hooked ever since. Funny thing is I'm also in my mid-30s now but I seem to be a lot better in my execution than before (can do EWGFs and 10 strings more consistently as opposed to not being able to do them AT ALL in my "younger" days haha). I tended to just mash the buttons before as opposed to timing them right. As much as I'd like to learn the ins and outs of every character, there's just too many of them (esp in TTT2) with so many moves so I only know a few match ups and that means if I went on an online rank match right I will pretty much get destroyed by higher level players. Plus I noticed my reaction times have def slowed down a lot since my "younger" days, and these kids that I've met online just bang out every move like they eat, drink and sleep Tekken. That's why I've only pretty much played with folks here, nothing serious... just bust the game and bullshit some along the way on the head set. :lol:
The main sites I visit are Tekken Zaibatsu, SDTekken, Avoiding the Puddle and Level Up Your Game. I ran Catlord's Tekken Collection from 1997-2011 (before a squatter yanked my domain out from under me when I had forgot to renew :evil: ). DRO was tons of fun! I played DRO as a Mokujin-only player named Smokujin who drank too much. ;) That was the last Tekken that I had played seriously- After that, life got way too busy.

My execution has certainly gone downhill with age. My EWGF from the P1 side is like 30% last time I tried! My blocking and throw breaking reactions have also suffered a bit, so it looks like I'll have to spend some time with Rip's throw break trainer.. :? Also having a bit of a hard time getting my Tag Assault juggles consistent, but I'm going to spend a couple of hours in the lab tonight working on them. I'm still on PSN as Smokujin, but I'll probably need some more VS. practice before I get comfortable with my stepping and latency.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

A heads up for you Tekken peeps, looks like Tekken 6 will be available for free on U.S PS+ this week.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

MisterHentai wrote:A heads up for you Tekken peeps, looks like Tekken 6 will be available for free on U.S PS+ this week.
...need...playstation...account...must...take...en...tekken...
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
DEATHÔäó
Custom Rank: Dat Tekken Player

Post by DEATHÔäó »

Guys, I'm kinda new for this but I need help extracting the .bin files on my MAC... I already have the data bins but I can't decompress them. Is there any way?

Or if someone's kind, I'll just be happy having the .nmd stuff... I could run Noesis in Mac using Wine...
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

you need to install the XBOX SDK on a windows machine and use a program called xbdecompress.exe to do the decompression. i think there was a quickbms script as well, but I couldn't find it.