Whats your favorite old school console?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Whats your favorite old school console?

Post by semory »

I am 39. My first console was the nintendo, circa 1989 or so. I traded it with a friend for a skateboard since back then I wasn't really into video games. Ah skateboarding... good times good times :). So now that I'm too old to skate I went back to video games :).
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Don't break a hip! :LOL:

Glad I'm not that old yet! Shall we call you grandpa instead!? :lol:

I used to have a skateboard when I was 8, though I could never properly ride it like the cool kids. If kneeling down and moving with it counts as riding, then I was an expert in that! :D
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

by not skateboarding you didn't save your hips, but rather you saved your ankles! my ankles are so deformed and so weak now after spraining them so many times back in the days... it doesn't take much to tear anything in that region now.
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

And here I thought I'd be the oldest. :D I'm 31. I got my Nintendo in 1989 as well, along with Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt and Megaman 2. The only skatebording I did was in Skate or Die. :lol: Speaking of Megaman 2, that was the very first game I beat. What about you guys?
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

jesus i can't even remember, can you guys even remember back that far lol?
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

OOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO I have two more years until I hit that peak number you guys are in, though in the case of grandpa, your's is ending and the next step for you! :LOL:.

Yeah the two games that I got with my Mega Drive easily. Altered Beast I can still do today, but Revenge of Shinobi, do these words "Fuck you Labyrinth stage!" mean anything? :P
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

Arch-vile wrote:
Arenthor wrote:
Arch-vile wrote:I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that would spend quite a bit of money on those crap games. Look at how much people are willing to pay for Action 52.
Oh, thanks a hell of a lot for reminding me of that.

*assumes the fetal position*

Seriously, there was ONE game on there I liked, and I think it was number 52, the head to head combat shooting one with the birds and stuff. That was it. Everything else was terrible. EVERYTHING ELSE.
Sorry for reminding you about A52. :lol:
NOT AS SORRY AS I AM! *cries* :lol:
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

MisterHentai wrote: Yeah the two games that I got with my Mega Drive easily. Altered Beast I can still do today, but Revenge of Shinobi, do these words "Fuck you Labyrinth stage!" mean anything? :P
I could never beat Revenge of Shinobi because of that stage. I've beaten Altered Beast many times. You can plow through that game in 15 minutes and the only boss that is kind of challenging is Neff's Rhino form. I think the first Mega Drive game that I beat was Streets of Rage. I hated fighting those two Blaze clones. :x

@Arenthor Do you own Action 52 or did you play the rom?
Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

Arch-vile wrote:
MisterHentai wrote:@Arenthor Do you own Action 52 or did you play the rom?
I played the actual cartridge waaaaay back in the day. I rented it from the game and movie rent shop near my house, which is sadly out of business as of a few years ago. My dad would rent a movie every week and he would take me down with him to rent a game too. They also handed out free (incredibly salty) popcorn. This trip was always the highlight of my week.

If I could get my hands on a rom, I would, just for the nostalgia. Not because I thought the games were any GOOD or anything :lol:
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I really want to own an Atari Jaguar.

We all know that's a shitty console with abysmal library, but that's why it's REALLY appealing to me.

It's like liking a movie so bad that is good or a game that's so shitty that it's likable. Except it's more costly.

I once found on Ebay (while searching randomly), and collection of an brand new Atari Jaguar and a whole fuckton of games in brand new condition in packaging.

And I cried because the sight was so glorious. :XD:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here