Whats your favorite old school console?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Whats your favorite old school console?

Post by iheartibuki »

howfie wrote:LOL you are never to old for anything... I know some dudes who are in their 60's and just got their PhDs. It's just a matter of if you have the time and the money to have all the fun :).
Hehe true... I guess my mom's got to me somehow. Back in the day (when I was in high school and college) she would constantly tell me that I'm too old to play video games. Different generation, I guess. :P
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Is a Sony Playstation old-skool? :P

(SNES was also very awesome btw. XD)
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

Love2Raid wrote:Is a Sony Playstation old-skool? :P

(SNES was also very awesome btw. XD)
i think so... since alot of younger people i talked never even played it. such a shame... PlayStation era was filled with tons of epic games! xD especially JPRG.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

I suppose the OG Playstation could be considered old school, but in 3D! Usually old school refers to those consoles and games with very lovely sprites that designers and artists have to hand draw individually and animate. It is quite understandable why they cost so much back in the day. While I'm not knocking on the 3D games of today (hey, that's why I'm here!), a lot of them just have no substance and spirit like the games of yore.

BTW, anyone remember blowing on their Famicom or NES cartridges when they won't run? :lol: I certainly do, and using a coin on the gun/auxilliary port of the Famicom to get to the last level of Star Wars. Ya, I broke my original Famicom and had to beg my parents to get me another one. They did get me another one but of course, it was a bootleg version. :P

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Mine would be Dreamcast. I used to play that like.... everday <3 Would the original Xbox count? If so, then thats my fave too <3
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

iheartibuki wrote: BTW, anyone remember blowing on their Famicom or NES cartridges when they won't run? :lol: I certainly do, and using a coin on the gun/auxilliary port of the Famicom to get to the last level of Star Wars. Ya, I broke my original Famicom and had to beg my parents to get me another one. They did get me another one but of course, it was a bootleg version. :P
Oh yeah, the screen would flash white and grey when it was dirty :lol: The lid on my NES broke off so dust was always a problem for me. I even bought that cleaning kit for it but that was such a waste of money. I always used those long Q tips to clean it out.
TRDaz wrote:Mine would be Dreamcast. I used to play that like.... everday <3 Would the original Xbox count? If so, then thats my fave too <3
Dreamcast rocked! It's a shame it was only around for three years. I have mine hooked up to an old TV, been playing Crazy Taxi a lot lately.
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Google Maps 8-bit version!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

LOL!!! I'd so get that if it was real. Wait, no random battles when you travel :lol:
Runa

Post by Runa »

I'd say PS1, since it was my only console (and also the last one) >_<

But when I was even younger, there was a very cool platform similar to a Playstation with 10 preinstalled games including Super Mario. I spent like the whole week end and the whole evening playing with it XD
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

anybody knows good emulators so we can relive these consoles lol. talking about it makes me feel really nostalgic now :lol: