Whats your favorite old school console?

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: Whats your favorite old school console?

Post by Arch-vile »

Yeah, you could use the Mega Drive controller with the Atari. Pitfall, Ghostbusters and Missile Command were my favorite games. I even owned E.T. :oops:
Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

MisterHentai wrote:Mine is buried somewhere in the attic. Who knows what condition it's in right now.

I still remember how even a Mega Drive pad works with it. Or was it Atari joystick on the Mega Drive? So long ago I can't remember. :P

Pitfall, Pac-Man and even that crappy Star Wars duel game were my most played.
If you're looking to sell it, I have seen non-working ones at local flea markets selling for $200. Mine works \o/
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

$200, pfffft.....£200 yes please!

Even if it wasn't working I won't sell it. I never do with alot of stuff any way since I hold sentimental value with them.

As for VF2, my god the jumps are floaty as hell. So used to VF5FS that going back to this older game, it's too weird. And doesn't it get annyoing when you try to pull off moves that don't even exist?

Is like playing Cammy in SSFIIT, where the hell is her dive kick? Or why can't I FADC. :lol:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

I sold my Atari and games years ago at a garage sale. I wish I held onto them. I still have the receiver box for the wireless controllers.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

If I can be arsed to sort it out, I'll probably just get rid of the crap games in the collection, see how much I can get out of them, or see how desperate some people are who actually want it. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that would spend quite a bit of money on those crap games. Look at how much people are willing to pay for Action 52.
Arenthor

Post by Arenthor »

Arch-vile wrote:I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that would spend quite a bit of money on those crap games. Look at how much people are willing to pay for Action 52.
Oh, thanks a hell of a lot for reminding me of that.

*assumes the fetal position*

Seriously, there was ONE game on there I liked, and I think it was number 52, the head to head combat shooting one with the birds and stuff. That was it. Everything else was terrible. EVERYTHING ELSE.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Are you guys older than me? Atari 2600 was even before my time LOL! We should change the name of this place to XNAOldFarts lol.
Arch-vile

Post by Arch-vile »

Arenthor wrote:
Arch-vile wrote:I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that would spend quite a bit of money on those crap games. Look at how much people are willing to pay for Action 52.
Oh, thanks a hell of a lot for reminding me of that.

*assumes the fetal position*

Seriously, there was ONE game on there I liked, and I think it was number 52, the head to head combat shooting one with the birds and stuff. That was it. Everything else was terrible. EVERYTHING ELSE.
Sorry for reminding you about A52. :lol: The game you're talking about was called Fire Breather and it was actually game 1. Cheetahmen was game 52.

@semory :lol: I dunno, how old are you? My Uncle gave it to me when I was like 5 or 6, I'm not sure how long he had it.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Well I actually got the Mega Drive first when that came out. I still remember that fondly, my dad taking me to a Toys R Us and bought a bundle, it came with The Revenge of Shinobi and Altered Beast.

I actually didn't get an Atari 2600 until a little while later. It was a hand-me-down from an older cousin of mine, whom was handed down to her by her older brothers. They were into all the obscure British computer systems back then. :P

And you know what, there should be a dedicated thread just for "old men" (And women, don't wanna be sexist now! :ggl: ), where we can just complain and be grumpy! :lol:
Dank Buttsen