Flickering Layers on XNALara Models

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

coiwy1

Flickering Layers on XNALara Models

Post by coiwy1 »

I've encountered an issue with a number of models not displaying properly, and I don't have a clue how to solve it. Clothing layers flicker as I move the camera around, and skin textures underneath are showing through; in some cases parts of the model disappear completely at certain angles (eg. I move the camera and a model's hand vanishes, I move it again and the hand reappears).

These are models which have worked fine for me before, the issue has only cropped up in the past couple of days. I've tried redownloading the models as well as reinstalling XNALara, but the issue persists so I'm not sure what's causing it. It seems to be affecting most of the models I have access to.

I've included three screenshots of a Leia model demonstrating the issue. It doesn't seem to happen if I get close enough to the model, but anything outside a close-up causes issues.

For reference, I am running this on a Lenovo laptop using Windows 8.1. As mentioned, this is a new issue, I have been using XNALara without any problems for the past few months.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Re: Flickering Layers on XNALara Models

Post by Ems »

It's z-fighting. Reset camera settings.

Don't use orto camera if you don't need it, and don't use FoV less than 5. Can still occur if the target is far away from the cam, so don't use unusual, weird angles.