Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: Nuances of the Fighting Genre

Post by MisterHentai »

This weekend couldn't be anymore :excited: :oh: .

Obviously you have the SFV Capcom Cup Finals, KOFXIV patch update, but the biggest rumblings lately this entire week due to all supposive leaks and rumours is if there will be the next Marvel vs Capcom title.

So much BS like how there could be no more X-Men characters, the literal backbone and the franchise that started it all in the first place with X-Men: Children of the Atom, and thus will be more Marvel Cinematic Universe centric. Blame the combination of 20th Century Fox and Marvel themselves trying to phase the X-Men out. :pi:

Having no Wolverine, Storm, Magento, Doctor Doom and Sentinel in the roster will just lose it's soul and long tradition. Not only that, but potentially it's a reboot of the series as well i.e. possibily back to the 2v2 and 1 Assist character format of the original MvC game, which I don't mind, but the roster selection ....... :snathink: :fdat: :feel: .

The irony was how much the MvC3/UMvC3 specific roster selection and cameos was quite the foresight into what would eventually become the current MCU or the Fox-licensed film properties as well. Doctor Strange being the most recent film or the upcoming Logan having X-23 seems hold true to that. Shame nothing has come of She-Hulk though. :okay:

Hawkeye's Level 3 is probably my most favourite since that would eventually happen somewhat come Captain America: Civil War. :lol:

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Capcom lost me on Marvel when they did stupid DLC shenanigans and missing core features that I didn't stick with it long. I didn't care for the roster compared to MvC2, but obviously that did not impair its popularity. Even if it doesn't have XMen characters, it'll still adapt somehow, there are so many characters to pull from that people will find new favorites somehow.

KOF update is dropping soon, or just being shown off? I do home there is some weight to the rumor of possible DLC characters.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Good lord Capcom Cup Day 1 was brutal.

All the obvious favourites and the considered strongest players got eliminated within the first to second rounds i.e. Infiltration and Tokido. :wat:

After a long day, Top 8 for tomorrow will consist of 6 Japanese and 2 Muricans.
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

It's fucking true and REAL! :oh:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

The Marvel MCU agenda is totally true if the trailer is to go by with Iron Man and Ms Marvel (Another MCU project they been working on), and whilst not confirmed yet, the no X-Men characters is very likely. But to see Ryu and classic MegaMan (X version) back :oh: .

They are going back to the classic days at least i.e. 2v2 format.

EDIT ...
ÔÇó Will feature Arcade, training and mission modes.

ÔÇó A 'visually stunning' and 'immersive' cinematic story mode.

ÔÇó Story mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

ÔÇó It's a 2v2 fighting game featuring both Marvel and Capcom characters.

ÔÇó Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into playersÔÇÖ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
The Infinity Gems system = Marvel Super Heroes all over again? Much nostalgia. :oh:

Now that this game will finarry come to PC, I hope not only is it a good port whoever is handling it (MT Framework games run fantastic on PC), but the netplay should be better as well? :please:

Some sick new combos from Akuma. Also, Sakura :please: !

She and Viper have to be a given due to their character story mode cameos.
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Leona's more defined b00bs! :yes: :LOL:

-------------

Capcom Cup currently is really looking like the U.S may finally win a major event. :LOL:

EDIT.....

And NuckleDu wins. He has been tearing it lately and rightfully so. Finarry a major win for the U.S! Although technically, he's still an Asian! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

--------------

Also it's confirmed that the 5 Season 2 characters for SFV are actually brand new characters to the universe. :o

Watch as a few of them are the story mode characters, like Rashid's butler character or that :emofeel: Ed kid! :LOL:

--------------

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite gameplay reveal trailer after the tournament was over.

Yep that is some Mahvell for sure.

Asgard stage, :LOL: @ static background, so you can tell this is still early.

Ryu finarry being able to shoot a vertical hadoken beam? :oh: :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Here's the extended gameplay trailer with Cap 'Murica and Morrigan (Chris G must've wet himself when he saw this trailer) :LOL:

Nice to see MvC finally making it to Steam. Hopefully KOF14 is not too far behind. But "Infinite" does not connote good things about the combo system :lol: (Yes, I know it's a reference to the Infinity Stones).

I went to a B&N local to where my sister works last week and there are still new prints of both The Infinity Gauntlet and The Infinity War comic books being sold there. Classic comics indeed!
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Yeah, I guess the only news out of that of interest is PC port of marvel for the sake of ripping models :LOL:

Captain Marvel definitely looks like a Jean Grey replacement, so I definitely suspect that the no X-Men is likely true is well. It even appears they are reusing assets with her sash, etc.

Still fingers crossed for KOF pc mort :feel:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Safe characters but then it wouldn't be Marvel without them.

Besides Morrigan does look very :faphand: in this rendition. Her eyes and facial features have gone all DOA Nytotengo-like. :LOL:

And yeah with Revelator PC version soon, the next year will be great for PC gamers, so hopefully KOFXIV will follow suit, along with Gaoru: Mark of the Wolves which just came out on PS4.

Even Nitroplus Blasterz PC is coming as well, so alot of different bases and demographics are getting some notice.

With Marvel and Capcom's renewed relationship, I hope it also means bringing back the older Vs games yet again, and for PC as well. Sure there's still the likes of Fightcade but it doesn't feel right without official capacity and that is only limited to older 2D sprite hardware era. MvC2 re-HD :lol: would be very nice and send some good messages.
Dank Buttsen

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Don't forget about modding, Proto. :LOL: I am looking forward to BrutalAce's eventual microkini Morrigan. :lol: :dats: :hlick: :LOL:

Can someone please explain what the no X-men thing is all about? Does it have anything to do with copyright ownership? It wouldn't be MvC without Wolvie. :?
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

20th Century Fox still owns the license for X-Men characters when it comes to the movies, Marvel themselves have been trying to phase out the X-Men in their own comics as well, so it's a combination of alot of confusion BS.

They did say that it's not that they can't use them, but given how Infinite is certainly going to be more MCU character based centric, it's looking likely. :okay:

But yeah no Wolverine, Doom and Magneto = :fdat: because not only are they staple characters of the series, they are just awesome and powerful figures as well, mainly in the perspective of anti-hero to villain spectrum that is kewl with the kids. :lol:
Dank Buttsen