General Game News

Discussions about games from the past, present, and future.

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Re: General Game News

Post by Vonman »

Final Fantasy VI Art Director Reunites With Nobuo Uematsu For A New RPG!

Granblue Fantasy was announced recently at the Roppongi Nico Fare event, where Minaba, Uematsu, and many famous voice actors gathered for the unveiling. According to Cygames director Yuita Kimura, the project started after he expressed his wish to create a game with Minaba, and felt that if he were to make a game with him, he felt it was necessary to also ask for UematsuÔÇÖs help as well.

Nobuo Uematsu, who has composed various music for the Final Fantasy series and has worked extensively with Minaba in the past, says that heÔÇÖs been asked if he could possibly compose something with an Irish-sounding tune. Since heÔÇÖs always been fond of Irish music, he was immediately interested.

ÔÇ£I believe that my fans may feel a sense of nostalgia from this,ÔÇØ shared Uematsu with a smile, adding that he has already finished composing 11 songs for the game.

Kobayashi also shares some of his thoughts upon seeing Minaba and UematsuÔÇÖs works during the early stages of development. ÔÇ£I thought to myself, ÔÇÿCan we really make a mobile RPG with such a large-scale feeling from this?ÔÇÖ but after seeing the game screen, I was truly surprised,ÔÇØ he said. ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs as if you completely forget that youÔÇÖre playing a mobile game.ÔÇØ

>ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs as if you completely forget that youÔÇÖre playing a mobile game.ÔÇØ[/i]

>youÔÇÖre playing a mobile game.

>mobile game.

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

U just mad cuz u have no phone :LOL:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Well, here's a sneak peek of Resogun, a free PS+ game for the PS4. Also made by the same people that did Super Stardust HD.

Particle effects certainly are the big thing for showing off what "next-gen" hardware can do. :lol: (Like the over obnoxious style of Killer Instinct on the XBO)

:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

I read that as resbogun :fdat:
Vonman wrote:
Final Fantasy VI Art Director Reunites With Nobuo Uematsu For A New RPG!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! :okay:

It would've been so much awesome if it was for 360,pc,ps3 :(
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

yup... all those legendary talents... wasted for a moobile game... why???

people need to stop treating mobile as a major gaming platform. its a phone! im using my phone to connect to people! i dont need a multimillion AAA games on my phone just snakes and fruit will do! :rage:

guess its gonna be another epic wait before a good JRPG pops out
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Resogun = Geometry Wars of the Next Gen? :facepalm:

Not that it's a bad thing, but if FX are all we get out of next gen instead of amazing new depth of game experiences.... :rage:
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah Super Stardust HD was very Asteroids-like whilst Resogun is a tribute to Defender.

These games fit the PS's "Geometry Wars" genre.
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

President of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida has told IGN that his company needs Nintendo to thrive for the sake of the video game industry. In order to preserve traditional gaming ÔÇô via dedicated controllers with actual buttons and analog sticks ÔÇô the executive suggests that Nintendo and Sony must coexist in a world where touch-based gaming by way of smartphones and tablets continues to gain popularity. Yoshida, who owns two Wii U consoles, classifies both firms as being in the same category and not as direct competitors.

ÔÇ£When you look at the situation around Nintendo that way, do you characterize Nintendo as our competition? I think in the bigger scale of things happening in the industry or tech or peopleÔÇÖs lives, how they play games on what device, and how they start to learn to play games, I think Nintendo and us are pretty much in the same group, and we need Nintendo to be very successful to help induct as many consumers who like to play games with controllers, right?ÔÇØ

Yoshida: ÔÇ£Well I have two Wii Us. I play Wii U games with my daughters, because they make pretty fun family friendly games.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/13/so ... uccessful/

TL;DR : japanese game companies are bros.
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

Yeah, I read this before, also, back then, wasn't PS1 ( or was it N64 ? ) was supposed to be a collab between them ? :D

I really like how companies here share that relationship, competitive yet they have respect for each other, unlike M$ and XboxOne ( I'm not saying it's not good, but how they did the advertising before... )

he also did that I love PS thing in WiiU's message board :lol: he's a troll but he's an awesome one :D

what if....

nintendo and sony console in the future :oh:
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

Bluej97 wrote:Yeah, I read this before, also, back then, wasn't PS1 ( or was it N64 ? ) was supposed to be a collab between them ? :D

I really like how companies here share that relationship, competitive yet they have respect for each other, unlike M$ and XboxOne ( I'm not saying it's not good, but how they did the advertising before... )

he also did that I love PS thing in WiiU's message board :lol: he's a troll but he's an awesome one :D

what if....

nintendo and sony console in the future :oh:
yep that nearly happened in the past, together with sega. until sega got into that crisis and replaced with Microshit. since then, these stupid console war started and gaming knows no peace anymore :feel:
back in the day competition among these companies were very healthy for the industry. thats because each one of them have their own stuffs to offer, i.e Nintendo brings Mario, Pokemon, etc. Sega brings Shenmue, Sonic etc. and Sony got Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo and stuff. gaming reached its golden peak with so many unique franchise.

that was until Microshill came in and instead of offering something new they started this exclusive title tug of war with Sony trying to get games from Sony into their own consoles. since then both console lineup became similar, and they no longer compete over whats to offer but solely graphics/framerate and other trivial things :facepalm:

i hope nintendo will team up with sony again, or maybe even Valve in the future and knock Microsoft out of the market for good.