Warriors Orochi 3 (Early Access)

Release and comment on game extractors and other tools here.

Moderators: Dazzy, semory

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: [XBox360] Warriors Orochi 3 (Early Access)

Post by Love2Raid »

Lol, weird, when you parent a mesh to an armature, the normals are also recalculated. I had no idea. :?
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

Really great work on this semory!
I hope you guys shoot out tons of WO models :D Daz and pori did a good start ;D
Love2Raid wrote:I love how the importer script keeps all the original vertex normals, but unfortunately the models are too big so they have to be resized in XNALara, which screws up the normal map shader for some reason and the only fix is taking them back to Blender, which means no more original vertex normals. :okay:
Maybe I should just resize them in Blender... :think:
When you resize models in XNA export them as a .mesh file^^ It will keep the size (not any posing though) and the normal shader won't screw up. I don't know why the shader sometimes messes up but this kept it from happening for me.

Also for that Remove Doubles on UV border... it works well for FF models but it often does nothing on other models. It somehow removes less doubles than the ''smooth mesh part'' option but i don't know exactly how it works.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

if you want access too just let me know. i'll pm u a link.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Really? :o That's very useful info, I'll try that, thanks!
PoophairJones

Post by PoophairJones »

@ semory

That's really nice but no thank you =)

@ L2R

I hope it works out xD What do you guys mean by game normals btw? Like everything is coordinated right and nothing needs to be flipped? o_O
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Daz, so how hard was it to regenerate the cloth using those NUNO files?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

I didnt really use it on SSX, since i had her cloth already done, however i used it for one of the weapons of hers that had cloth, and it was pretty simple since it was just a straight forward mesh. I will be using the NUNO files for the next port tho, so ill tell you then :)
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

.:Someone:. wrote:@ semory

@ L2R

I hope it works out xD What do you guys mean by game normals btw? Like everything is coordinated right and nothing needs to be flipped? o_O
No, the vertex normals. When they are all correct, you won't have to remove any of those 'double vertices'. But Blender recalculates them all the time (when importing, when going to edit mode, even when parenting the mesh to the armature o_O) so you will end up with ugly seams (right where edges of the meshes are on the UV map, for example between hands and arms or whatever) that have to be removed manually and that can be quite some work if you want to be precise about it, as you know. :/
PoophairJones

Post by PoophairJones »

Love2Raid wrote:
.:Someone:. wrote:@ semory

@ L2R

No, the vertex normals. When they are all correct, you won't have to remove any of those 'double vertices'. But Blender recalculates them all the time (when importing, when going to edit mode, even when parenting the mesh to the armature o_O) so you will end up with ugly seams (right where edges of the meshes are on the UV map, for example between hands and arms or whatever) that have to be removed manually and that can be quite some work if you want to be precise about it, as you know. :/
Okay, i Edit Mode...fine you do sth to edit the mesh, i get it xD but parenting to armature? What the hell, Blender xD
Yeah i know what a pain they can be >< Better to have correct ones from the start then xD

Thanks a lot for the explanation =)
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

I know, it makes no sense to me either. :?
True, because on some parts the 'sharp' edges look nice so you can't just select everything, remove doubles and be done with it. It will look really bad, because of ugly shading errors. And sometimes it fucks up the weights, too. :x

No problem and thank you too for mentioning that .mesh export trick!